TK Maxx..Craft Jerseys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
IDMark2

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Can I respectfully suggest that an argument for the pros and cons of Hi Vis coloured clothing do not belong here, where I helpfully pointed up what I thought was a bargain priced bit of kit in the appropriate place. Perhaps search for discussion threads on the Hi Vis question in 'General Cycling' and have it out there?
Anyway, wore it today, alright for £8.

OP
OP
IDMark2

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Actually, just because I started the pigging thread in the first place..

I went out with my brother for a ride on Friday. He was wearing a gilet in 'F OFF I'M HERE' yellow. I wasn't.
He was leading. Through the only recently dried-out lanes a VW Golf overtook me nicely, giving me loads of room. I waved thank you, I'm nice like that.
As the same car came up to pass my brother it suddenly swerved in towards him, making him adjust his line and take avoiding action, coming to a halt. The VW carried on and off it went. The reason for the swerve became apparent, there was a pothole in the lane. Funnily enough, it wasn't wearing anything. Although very visible, my brother was expendable compared to the possible cost of a VW tyre or suspension component. But at least he felt safe wearing that bright colour. In conclusion, I don't believe that 'seeing you' is all of the problem.

Custom24

Über Member
Can I respectfully suggest that an argument for the pros and cons of Hi Vis coloured clothing do not belong here, where I helpfully pointed up what I thought was a bargain priced bit of kit in the appropriate place. Perhaps search for discussion threads on the Hi Vis question in 'General Cycling' and have it out there?
Anyway, wore it today, alright for £8.
Found it thanks. http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/hi-viz.148101/page-9

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
And yet th
Sarcasm may rule here but if you have ever been driving along a tree lined road with a low sun and suddenly encountered a cyclist those wearing bright colours stand out easily but those all in black are virtually invisible until you are almost on top of them.
and yet the courts have cited the wearing of yellow in low sun as a contributory factor in car/cyclist collisions.

Top Bottom