to Bkool or not to Bkool thats the question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
Is there anyway u can bypass the stupid 10 minute countdown before u can start riding???

Yes!

If you are pedaling it will give a 10 minute warmup, but only while you are pedaling, stop pedaling and it changes to a 10 second count down.

If you have not pedaled at all during the warmup, pedal briefly to get it to recognise you are pedaling, and then stop pedaling to start the 10 second count down.

Make sure you are not pedaling as it reaches zero!

Paully

Is there really a big problem using something other than a Bkool Pro when using Bkool? I like the sound of Bkool and the people who use it but I'm not at all sure about the trainer. I've read a lot of the forum posts about unlevel playing fields if you use (say) a Kickr Snap, but the forum seems to be saying that there are problems with Bkool if you use the Bkool trainer with Bkool too. I'm confused.

CXRAndy

Guru
Is there really a big problem using something other than a Bkool Pro when using Bkool? I like the sound of Bkool and the people who use it but I'm not at all sure about the trainer. I've read a lot of the forum posts about unlevel playing fields if you use (say) a Kickr Snap, but the forum seems to be saying that there are problems with Bkool if you use the Bkool trainer with Bkool too. I'm confused.

If you're just training and not interested in direct racing competition, then any trainer is good. If you want to race in leagues, then tere is an advantage to having a Bkool pro.
1 Virtually everyone on Bkool has one= even playing field, or near as. Just your ability versus someone else
2 There is a speed advantage on the Bkool Pro compared to other makes of trainer. I have done quite a bit of testing, between the Kickr and bkool pro. The Pro has a 1.5-2 mph advantage over a course.

Paully

If you're just training and not interested in direct racing competition, then any trainer is good. If you want to race in leagues, then tere is an advantage to having a Bkool pro.
1 Virtually everyone on Bkool has one= even playing field, or near as. Just your ability versus someone else
2 There is a speed advantage on the Bkool Pro compared to other makes of trainer. I have done quite a bit of testing, between the Kickr and bkool pro. The Pro has a 1.5-2 mph advantage over a course.
Thanks. Is your second point an explanation of the first, or something separate? I suppose I'm asking whether the speed advantage is constant, or whether it is more complicated than that, for example the Kickr deccelerating more quickly.

Do you think the Kickr Snap would feel "wrong" in Bkool, or would it simply compete differently? If I was just training then competing differently wouldn't be a problem, but feeling "wrong" would. Thanks.

CXRAndy

Guru
Thanks. Is your second point an explanation of the first, or something separate? I suppose I'm asking whether the speed advantage is constant, or whether it is more complicated than that, for example the Kickr deccelerating more quickly.

Do you think the Kickr Snap would feel "wrong" in Bkool, or would it simply compete differently? If I was just training then competing differently wouldn't be a problem, but feeling "wrong" would. Thanks.

Using my experience and looking at other users trainer(non Bkool), the speed drops off more rapidly when you ease off the power. That is to say it doesn't feel like that, it is just how Bkool records it. The Bkool Pro trainer has a smoother(less jagged) speed profile. The Bkool trainer doesn't have a power meter built in, it calculates power by using speed and the weight figure you use, then some clever mathematical algorithm to display power.

So recap my Kickr works perfectly on Bkool and I still use it more than the Pro trainer, but when I compete in a few leagues and want to be able to compare my ability against the others so use the Pro for those events.

Paully

Using my experience and looking at other users trainer(non Bkool), the speed drops off more rapidly when you ease off the power. That is to say it doesn't feel like that, it is just how Bkool records it. The Bkool Pro trainer has a smoother(less jagged) speed profile. The Bkool trainer doesn't have a power meter built in, it calculates power by using speed and the weight figure you use, then some clever mathematical algorithm to display power.

So recap my Kickr works perfectly on Bkool and I still use it more than the Pro trainer, but when I compete in a few leagues and want to be able to compare my ability against the others so use the Pro for those events.
Many thanks. I've just ordered a Snap.

Breedon

Legendary Member
I've switched off auto renewal so it runs out in February next year.

Top Bottom