To Bonj with love

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slow down

bonj said:
Well, I can only assume that I ride fast enough to get out of the way of the mud that flies up before it hits me and instead it just lands back on the road.

Or that slow that the mud doesn't flick up high enough to hit you? :biggrin:

I had a disagreement with my Brompton, it won, the folding peddle bit my finger.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've never quite got the Bonj thing as I come on here for entertainment not an argument so I tend to avoid controversy but having read what he 'disagrees' with my mind is boggling at its inanity.

asterix

Comrade Member
rich p said:
I've never quite got the Bonj thing as I come on here for entertainment not an argument so I tend to avoid controversy but having read what he 'disagrees' with my mind is boggling at its inanity.

Yeah but that's the whole point, innit? Your mind still boggles but after a bit you just larf, hysterically maybe, but a larf's a larf, innit?

KitsuneAndy

bonj said:
Well ... :biggrin: LOL... it seems funny i admit but if I can't see any mud on my clothes then I can't really see why I should consider mudguards at all necessary. I obviously get muddy when riding my mtb off-road, but I don't have to turn up at work then and am more than likely going to wash those clothes and have a shower when I get back anyway. On the road bike I never get muddy, even in the rain.

You can't see it because it's on your back, obviously :biggrin:

bonj2

KitsuneAndy said:

No I mean it doesn't even get on my back. I can tell by looking at my shirt after I've taken it off. :biggrin:

bonj2

KitsuneAndy said:

maybe it's 'cos of the tyres i've got - 700x23c, completely smooth i.e. no tread?

papercorn2000

Why are people placing any store by the muppet's pronouncements? He's been riding for what? 15 minutes? FFS, he only bought a road bike a few weeks back. His only experience before that was riding glorified BMX when his mum said he could go out!

OP
OP
C

cyclebum

Dont want to upset you Bonj, not only did I buy my mtb from Halfords, but I recently added mudguards, though I have recently resisted 'all in one's' so am I forgiven? Oh and by the way 'peddles' really was a mis spelling and if you look back at the thread I did point it out at the time as I mentioned I was more interested in what I was doing than how to spell it!! I appologise here in advance for any mis spellings I may make in the future, it never was my strong point.:biggrin:
However thanks for the list so I can refer to it in future depending on how antagonistic I am feeling! I do sincerely wish you luck in the relief of your boredom, though the mind boggles;):biggrin:;)

OP
OP
C

cyclebum

As I prepare for a weekend of cycling in the Cotswolds (locals beware:smile:) I just thought I would check that I am not annoying bonj and seek approval that I know how to wear the clothing I am taking.

1. cycle shorts, worn as normal shorts and intended to protect my delicate 'cyclebum':blush:
2. leggins, to help keep my nesh legs warm (perhaps I should just learn to PEDAL faster.:biggrin:)
3. cyclejersey, I believe they have benefits when sweating. Of course ladies don't sweat, we glow apparantly:smile:, but they feel comfy and look pretty:becool:
4. Helmet, does this count as clothing, presume it protects my head, though I suppose there could be a debate as to if there is anything in there to protect.:biggrin:
5. fingerless gloves, they help protect my delicate hands.:biggrin:.

I'm sure you'll soon put me right If I've got anything wrong. Meanwhile I had better go and pack.

Arch

Married to Night Train
cyclebum said:
As I prepare for a weekend of cycling in the Cotswolds (locals beware:smile:) I just thought I would check that I am not annoying bonj and seek approval that I know how to wear the clothing I am taking.

1. cycle shorts, worn as normal shorts and intended to protect my delicate 'cyclebum':blush:
2. leggins, to help keep my nesh legs warm (perhaps I should just learn to PEDAL faster.:biggrin:)
3. cyclejersey, I believe they have benefits when sweating. Of course ladies don't sweat, we glow apparantly:smile:, but they feel comfy and look pretty:becool:
4. Helmet, does this count as clothing, presume it protects my head, though I suppose there could be a debate as to if there is anything in there to protect.:biggrin:

I'm sure you'll soon put me right If I've got anything wrong. Meanwhile I had better go and pack.

Ah, you'll now find out that bonj also disagrees with the Cotswolds, sweating, fingers and all clothing..

Have fun though. Cotswolds are lovely, a bit bumpy, but lovely. I imagine they will be very pretty with the leaves turning etc.
Whereabouts are you going?

bonj2

cyclebum said:
Oh and by the way 'peddles' really was a mis spelling and if you look back at the thread I did point it out at the time as I mentioned I was more interested in what I was doing than how to spell it!! I appologise here in advance for any mis spellings I may make in the future, it never was my strong point.:biggrin:
Oh, I thought it was deliberate based on the fact that you mis-spelled it in the title of your thread but then forgot to mis-spell it again in the main body of the post :biggrin:

bonj2

cyclebum said:

yep, that's all ok :biggrin:

Top Bottom