To everyone that's ever had a close pass .... enjoy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

Think it may have been the position of the overtake, ie approaching and on a double white line, solid on overtakers side, rather than the closeness of the pass. Either way, well done Police.

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
They wouldn't have been crossing a solid line into oncoming traffic, were they not close passing the cyclist. It's two cheeks of the same arse.

They wouldn't have been crossing a solid line into oncoming traffic, were they not close passing the cyclist. It's two cheeks of the same arse.
That’s true enough. But plod tend to take a really dim view of crossing solids, not so much a so-so pass on a cyclist.

Crossing the white line and into oncoming traffic is what they pulled him for, the pass was perhaps unwelcome (but not surprising, nor that close) but the cyclist stopping and chipping in with 'have you seen this' and wide angle video will make for a third subject of conversation. Presumably that driver will now observe better to the front, rather than just think "bike must pass" but I'm sure that their rear observations will be much more thorough (or actually done!) hell an equally brain dead moton could have been overtaking!

dodgy

I commented on the road.cc article also. But did the policeman really say "though he was a goner" to the cyclist? To me it's pretty obvious the reason for pulling him was the solid white line and oncoming traffic overtake.
Guess we just have to trust that :rolleyes:

Drago

Legendary Member
While it's nice to see a driver getting whats coming, I can't help but thinking reliance on this sort of thing to fill column inches is making RoadCC the Daily Mail of cycling.

Top Bottom