To make a fridge colder do you turn it up or down? (Daft pub closing type type questions.)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hotblack Desiato

Before I read the title properly I thought it said:

To make a fridge colder do you turn it upside down?

Having read the thread, I think it might just as well have done so.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've just had a flashback to my interview at Kent university in 1974! I was expecting to be asked a few maths questions and about my future career choices but instead the professor asked me to describe the energy flows that would take place if I walked into a room containing only a fridge and opened its door, left it a while, then closed it again!

subaqua

What’s the point
.... ah, but, does the light go out?
its not schroedingers fridge !
and for all of the fridges i have ever owned/used yes as i can close the door and the light goes out with around a 10mm gap. large enough to see that the light does indeed go out . i alos do press the door switch to check it stays out with the extra movement.

do i need help?

[QUOTE 2280536, member: 259"]Not if it's an Italian fridge.[/quote]
if the last italian fridge I came across was anything to go by, you needed the lights on to make sure what was in there stayed in there and did not try to escape. First time I closed the door on a fridge and refused to have anything more to do with it (and this comes from someone who had no issues burying the remains of a rotting deer carcass after it was hit and not killed instantly and fell into & blocked our drainage ditch during storms and boy was the stink bad - think pick up rear leg and it came off... try again front leg, same result...)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Don't play with fridges on waste ground, kids, as you might get locked in them.
Whatever happened to public information films?
They decided that making safe fridges with non-locking doors made more sense? :whistle:

Mind you - what about the dangers of climbing into washing machines or tumble dryers? (Not that I ever had the urge to do that kind of thing as a child!)

Top Bottom