To make a fridge colder do you turn it up or down? (Daft pub closing type type questions.)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
If you turn the dial on the fridge, does that automatically change the freezer too as we don't have a light or a dial in the freezer bit..... ahhhhh!

[QUOTE 2280246, member: 259"]Turn it up to make it colder. Ours is on 11.[/quote]

Either your fridge is very good, or really crap, cause I turned ours up to 8 once and even the bananas got frozen!! :blink: (quite amusing when trying to chew one though..)

Brains

Legendary Member
It despends on the outside temperature, If the fridge is in Siberia during December turning it down may increase the working capacity to warm up the inside to -10c which may be 20c warmer than the ambient temperature

Maz

Guru
Before I read the title properly I thought it said:

To make a fridge colder do you turn it upside down?

Having read the thread, I think it might just as well have done so.
Nah...that would only make it look cooler.

subaqua

What’s the point
It despends on the outside temperature, If the fridge is in Siberia during December turning it down may increase the working capacity to warm up the inside to -10c which may be 20c warmer than the ambient temperature
dependent on climate class of course . it may just stop working altogether

Hotblack Desiato

We put our fridge-freezer outside once. Then there was a cold spell and we discovered that the freezer depended on the fridge motor. If the fridge did not come on because it didn't need to then the freezer didn't freeze it just warmed up to ambient temperature and stayed there. We had a lot to eat that week.

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
its not schroedingers fridge !
and for all of the fridges i have ever owned/used yes as i can close the door and the light goes out with around a 10mm gap. large enough to see that the light does indeed go out . i alos do press the door switch to check it stays out with the extra movement.

do i need help?

Not if you can accept that the light is both simultaneously on and off.

Top Bottom