To** Pot Taxi driver (s)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Sorry, I don't know what happens to taxi drivers when they take up the trade but it seems they have all sense removed from their brains. Same the world over, all complete plonkers.
Becoming a taxi driver permanently alters vision, making it impossible to see anything more than one car length ahead.

OP
OP
CafGriff

CafGriff

Yesterday, a driver in a parked car pulled out in front of me (oncoming) it was a narrow road lined with parked cars on either side with nowhere to pass, but this didn't deter him, he drove straight at me, slammed his brakes on at the last second. Then he wound his window down. Was he going to apologise? No, he wished to tell me to "Get out of the middle of the road you f*****g s**g." Delightful.
typical arragant crap driving and typical crap attitude. I'm going to enjoy shopping my ' Tos*** Taxi driver to the local Council. Hopefully they'll pay a visit and find problems to take him off the roads. Make them safer to travel on again. :evil::hyper:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Yep, NOW i'm having my second glass of rosie ...
I love this site !!:bicycle: ^_^ what support from EVERYONE!!:hyper:
[looks for connection ... :smile:]
I'm a 3 rd Degree Black Belt in TaeKwondo ! :ninja:
I'm an Animal Law Enforcement Officer for my city council !! :wahhey:
I am qualified to coach/instruct BAWLA, Badminton, Hockey, Cricket - I'm a County player - Netball, Basketball, Fencing, Korfball and much more, I am FAR FAR away from being stupid :headshake:
[tiptoes away .... :giggle:]

OP
OP
CafGriff

CafGriff

I must share a very funny and somewhat lengthy story concerning a taxi driver. .... but it's worth staying with it!! :dance:
A number of long years ago, my hubby's football team went out for Christmas drinks :cheers:, copious amounts of berverage was consumed and the boys went their seperate ways at the end of the night. One of the lads - much worst for drink got in a taxi, lived about 10 miles out of town with the fare being about £12 he only had a £50 note ( remember them? I've only had one of them in my entire life!! ) :wacko:
Monies were exchanged and for some reason, the lad remembered the taxi drivers id number, nearly feel out of the taxi and tripped in through the front door and went merrily to bed. :wahhey:
The next morning :becool: some of the lads, met and discussed the night before and everyones antics!:laugh:
Laddie, checked his pockets ( he wore the same jeans ) .... He realised he only had change of £20 ... He checked and double checked and someone suggested he contact the taxi firm and just see if the driver had made a mistake and to get the rest of the 'correct' change back .... Ha! :laugh: yeah, right.
Laddie strongly contasted the 'claim' of the driver - remembering his number - and of course no monies was forth coming and it was Laddies' word against drivers. :banghead:( Laddie = lovely, lovely lad = charity worker and all round good egg ) :hugs:
Weeks and months go by .. :reading: :bicycle: :dance: :cheers: :hungry:
At the bottom of town, there is a Taxi Rank where all of the taxi' que up and duely await for their fares.
Laddie goes shopping in town, with the Mrs ... Laddie spots 'THE driver about 5 cabs from the front :eek::hyper: ...
He waits ....He moves in .... Alone, Laddie goes to the first cab and says to that driver " I only have £5 on my, I have to get to Ivybridge but if you take me, I can make the different to you by giving U a BJ when you drop me off"!! Well, he was hastily and in no uncertain terms was ordered from the vehicle.

He makes the same offer to the other - by now 3 drivers, and is duely ordered from all vehicles with much distaste - eventually he gets to his target :giggle:

nappadang

Über Member
I've had a bit of a tangle with a taxi driver today too. There must be something in the water.
Luckily we're both unhurt which has to be something positive to take from our experiences.
Noli nothis permittere te terere

OP
OP
CafGriff

CafGriff

OOps! pressed the wrong button.

Anyway gets to the intended driver and explains that all the drivers before him, didn't want to travel so far out of town on a Saturday afternoon, as his taxi drives past the other drivers Laddie in in the back window of the vehicle with a huge smile,^_^wink ;)and both thumbs up to the watching drivers!!!:hello::laugh:
Ha !!
How cool was THAT!! Ha!!
Beautiful.
What a laugh:hyper:

nappadang

Über Member
Hope you were ok Lovely?
Yes, fortunately, he caught my back end so I escaped unhurt. The bike is in the LBS for a check up but other than a buckled back wheel, it seems Ok.

Adam4868

Guru
Totally agree with your vent....a word of caution though.......if that taxi was a 'hackney carriage' (ply for hire) be careful, as they are allowed, by law, to do pretty much anything (or not, as the case may be) with regards to stopping, turning and indicating. (ie, they can if they wish, but they don't have to!) and if there is a collision it's almost always your fault.
Afraid what youve been told is wrong,they are subject to the same highway code as everyone else.

Adam4868

Guru
I do occasionally and have done for 25 plus years :sad: The majority of taxi licensing is covered by the town and police clauses act of 1970 something.(london is different,slightly)There is nothing to my knowledge that gives a taxi driver the right to ignore the highway code.I have on many occasions found this out !! P.s this taxi driver takes care near cyclists,and shock horror rides himself;)

buggi

Bird Saviour
I must share a very funny and somewhat lengthy story concerning a taxi driver. .... but it's worth staying with it!! :dance:
A number of long years ago, my hubby's football team went out for Christmas drinks :cheers:, copious amounts of berverage was consumed and the boys went their seperate ways at the end of the night. One of the lads - much worst for drink got in a taxi, lived about 10 miles out of town with the fare being about £12 he only had a £50 note ( remember them? I've only had one of them in my entire life!! ) :wacko:
Monies were exchanged and for some reason, the lad remembered the taxi drivers id number, nearly feel out of the taxi and tripped in through the front door and went merrily to bed. :wahhey:
The next morning :becool: some of the lads, met and discussed the night before and everyones antics!:laugh:
Laddie, checked his pockets ( he wore the same jeans ) .... He realised he only had change of £20 ... He checked and double checked and someone suggested he contact the taxi firm and just see if the driver had made a mistake and to get the rest of the 'correct' change back .... Ha! :laugh: yeah, right.
Laddie strongly contasted the 'claim' of the driver - remembering his number - and of course no monies was forth coming and it was Laddies' word against drivers. :banghead:( Laddie = lovely, lovely lad = charity worker and all round good egg ) :hugs:
Weeks and months go by .. :reading: :bicycle: :dance: :cheers: :hungry:
At the bottom of town, there is a Taxi Rank where all of the taxi' que up and duely await for their fares.
Laddie goes shopping in town, with the Mrs ... Laddie spots 'THE driver about 5 cabs from the front :eek::hyper: ...
He waits ....He moves in .... Alone, Laddie goes to the first cab and says to that driver " I only have £5 on my, I have to get to Ivybridge but if you take me, I can make the different to you by giving U a BJ when you drop me off"!! Well, he was hastily and in no uncertain terms was ordered from the vehicle.

He makes the same offer to the other - by now 3 drivers, and is duely ordered from all vehicles with much distaste - eventually he gets to his target :giggle:

:laugh::bravo::cheers::rofl:

Twelve Spokes

Time to say goodbye again...
CafGriff,some of these "private" taxi hire firms have appalling drivers.My last big run in was with an Upminster Cab driver.Scary because some of them dont give a f***.This one didn't as he dangled his phone infront of me when I pulled him up on the Blackfriars underpass.He nearly had me off by passing too close.To55er.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Mini cabs are some of the worst offenders for short-cutting and racing down our street, which is restricted to "access only". Apparently the law doesn't apply to them.

Top Bottom