To roast or not to roast?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidc

Guru
I'll pass that on.

I don't know how far he's looked round Brussels from his lair in Louisa Laan, I know he's failed a number of times though. Where he was before in The Hague (OK not Belgium) there was one butcher which would do English style pork provided it was ordered about a week in advance.

I've eaten Ardennes pork - luverly and very tasty but seriously expensive both to buy raw and in restaurants.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Roast chicken and the occasional roast duck or lamb/beef joint. And gravy, very important is gravy. Mine is the best but I am often lazy and buy it and then just enhance it.

Is that 30 each now Rich?

Oh, Yeah!
I think we'll have to have a 'gravy-off'!
:tongue:

stavros

Double or single breasted?

I very rarely roast - not worth it for one. And tonight I'm using up stuff before going away for a week, so it's tuna, carrot and courgette on pasta and pesto.

I think I'll skip your invitation to dinner thanks.:rolleyes:

Davidc

Guru
Oh, from Louise it's got to be Jack O'Sheas on Rue Letitien. The beef and the sausages are fab too. It's near the Schuman metro.

Information emailed....

Mind - the usual arrangement is that proper home cooking waits until I'm there because I'm the one who can cook. I've told him to get it ordered if as planned I'm there in November.

Thanks

taxing

Hmmm. There's nowt wrong with Quorn but it does lack a certain something doesn't it?

The big tubes of Quorn that come in a plastic sausage casing are a decent substitute for turkey when in a sandwich with stuffing and cranberry sauce, but it's not so good in a Sunday roast. Having said that, my family like red meat so I don't feel like I'm missing out when I have my Quorn instead, as I didn't really like beef or pork anyway.

Top Bottom