To scalp or not to scalp?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maylian

Veteran
So cycling to work this morning I see a cyclist approx. 1 mile ahead of me in a bright yellow jersey. I got caught at a couple of lights but managed to catch up with him about a 1/2 mile before my turning for work. He was only cruising at about 23mph and I was up to about 34mph so could have overtaken him but would have had to break shortly after for my turning.

Now not sure if the yellow jersey made me think of TdF and I was going to win something but I ended up taking the polite way out and just sitting back a bike length and then turning off since its a sunny Sunday morning. Should I have scalped?...I kind of regret not taking it now :sad:

MattHB

Proud Daddy
you were cruising at 34mph? jeez

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I passed a couple of roadies* but in fairness I didn't have much on the rack, the tyres were only 32 and the mudguards weren't too wide, the hub gear is only an 8 speed so not too heavy and Reynolds 520 steel wasn't weighing me down that much.

*of which I am one too on occasion.

OP
OP
Maylian

Maylian

Veteran
I could have made it stick, just thought it was bad form to then hammer on the brakes 300 yards down the road to turn into my offices.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
If the turn off was 300 yards after, I would have just gone past him. Plenty of road to use up before the turn, even at warp factor 3. Sounds like you was thinking about it too much - just get out there and ride!

Reactions: gaz

Berties

Fast and careful!
it must of been early i have never seen the avenue look that clear,so you could get any speed up,never been down there on a bike but always feels busy when i have cut down through there to town from Chilworth

Top Bottom