To sell or not to sell?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidphilips

Veteran
Strange one this? I have a bike advertised for sale (not Ebay) and received an email asking could the bike be paid for with paypal and the buyer would arrange collection? Could this be a take on and the money then taken back from my paypal account after the bike is collected?

Freds Dad

Veteran
I would be asking for cash on collection.

Seevio

Guru
My dad gets a lot of these emails. Be very wary. The buyers never seem to want to collect themselves and always want to send a relative or an "agent".

If the bike is being collected by an individual, get them to bring cash. You might be ok with Paypal if it is being collected by a recognised courier service (DHL, Parcelforce etc) as you should be able to get proof of collection.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Just tell them they have unfortunately chosen a method that's used by fraudsters so they will understand when you decline their offer. No harm done.

OP
OP
davidphilips

davidphilips

Veteran
Thanks guys, will insist on cash on collection, the buyer for lack of a better word has been in contact a few times yesterday sounds honest but then the best dodgy car dealers and the like always do. Thanks again.

Top Bottom