To the cafe and back, mini roundabouts.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuardTwin

I decided to pop over to my local cafe around 2:40ish for something to eat instead of making myself something, the way there was fine, the wind tried to do its job with pushing me into the curb but I have loads of experience in high winds so I did what I needed to do for a straight line. Vehicles only passed me when it was clear on the other end or if I waved them by with loads of space between us.

On my way back, community police was watching me pulling off on the road and clapped as I checked before pulling off (maybe he was glad I did not cycle onto the road from the path,looking over my shoulder to make sure things are clear or if i had my lights on and helmet ontop of my head or all of those lol) I approached a mini roundabout and gave way to the right as that is the highway code, when It was my turn a car on the left decided to go passed but he noticed his mistake as I had to slow right down and his hand went up saying "thank you." I looked left and it was clear I then hit my breaks to slow right down and shouted "Heeey" as the arriving car did not stop or look, almost got me and I did kindly comment "please can you look first mate" without raging and cycled off. He passed me with a wind space so I put my hand up saying thanks even though he did almost hit me. I see this all the time in my car so I predicted the first car and kept an eye out of the arriving car which saved my skin from a hit, if i estimated his speed he was going 15-20mph. Which is the legal speed for the road.

This has not shaken me or made me think "I do not like the road." I must find it the norm or had worse involving a bus and me so nothing else scares me like this so I can take a safe action for myself. What do you think?

( I agree that I am not the best driver in the car or rider on my bike but I do like to agree that I am safe for others and myself on the road.)

On my way back, community police was watching me pulling off on the road and clapped as I checked before pulling off/quote]

Lucky you last time i tried this i was locked up :-)

Top Bottom