To the Cannondale fan boys..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adamhearn

Veteran
do you know what size tyres could fit the Synapse? ..... Just wondering if they have the long drop brakes because of the frame difference or to accomodate wider wheels.
The mounting bar where the caliper bolt is attached sits higher on the seatstays thus providing more clearance for mudguards and/or larger tyres.

I've attached a pic showing the rear caliper over the Continental Gatorskin 28's and Crud Roadracer Mk2's I've fitted. I did look at more substantial guards but liked the stealth look of the Crud's and they perform brilliantly with the extra space offered by the Synapse.

Attachments

• Bike 016.jpg
    Bike 016.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
The mounting bar where the caliper bolt is attached sits higher on the seatstays thus providing more clearance for mudguards and/or larger tyres.

I've attached a pic showing the rear caliper over the Continental Gatorskin 28's and Crud Roadracer Mk2's I've fitted. I did look at more substantial guards but liked the stealth look of the Crud's and they perform brilliantly with the extra space offered by the Synapse.
This is not helping me decide, just when I thought I'd settled on the Caad8 :cursing:

I still have some cruds that I failed to successfully fit to the Secteur due to close clearances, interesting that you can get 28's and cruds on :thumbsup:

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Is the list not dynamic? :smile:
Within reason, I started off looking at a £500 second hand Caad9, ideal spend would be up to £1000 possibly £1049 for the 105 Caad8/Synapse. Caad10's are more are they not?

Top Bottom