To the cyclist riding through Waitrose, Trumpington carpark

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrasB

Veteran
Were you the in a blue jacket with camouflage trousers on a Red/white road bike & found your path blocked by a black Alfa estate around 6:20pm? If you are you're f**king moron & be glad I decided to wait for you to re-appear in my mirrors before parking up!
  • While you had a nice turn of speed you DO NOT charge around a busy car park at over 25mph!.
  • When someone is reversing into a parking space you don't dive down the gap between a van & an MPV nearly knocking a child over, I bet you didn't even see the little boy did you(!), at speed.
  • You shouldn't go round the back of the van & then go out of the parking space someone was trying to reverse into.
Also be reasonably thankful that the guy in the small hatchback responded to me stopping, he was completely unsighted by the van & my car. Had he continued to pull out as you would have been over his bonnet!
</rant>

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Jesus... what a tool.

Coco

Now Sportwagon sounds much better than Estate. :tongue:

I've got a 156 and it looks equally as good in either version, even with 2 bikes on the roof.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
GrasB said:
Were you the in a blue jacket with camouflage trousers on a Red/white road bike & found your path blocked by a black Alfa estate around 6:20pm? If you are you're f**king moron
</rant>

Definately wasn't me- I'm lucky if I can get up to 15mph let alone 25. Also I was up the road at the Cambridge beer festival at the time getting mildly lubricated as I've got the week off! And I'm more of a Netto/ Lidl man than Waitrose tbh :tongue:

OP
OP
GrasB

GrasB

Veteran
While in other supermarkets the same premium brand products are cheaper than at Waitrose I find the Waitrose brand items deliver the same quality of product compared to the premium brands. So oddly I find Waitrose cheaper than anywhere else for the products I can't buy in the village.

PK99

Legendary Member
GrasB said:
While in other supermarkets the same premium brand products are cheaper than at Waitrose I find the Waitrose brand items deliver the same quality of product compared to the premium brands. So oddly I find Waitrose cheaper than anywhere else for the products I can't buy in the village.

agree. Waitrose standard = saisnbury Taste the difference >> Tesco finest

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
+1 on the waitrose the rest. Bit worried they let vans in the car park though. How plebian.

Just to derail the thread totally, does yours do the cycle trolleys? or have a cafe in it? or decent bike parking facilities. My local one is sadly lacking in all three. But does have a rather splendid rose cremant de bourgogne on offer at the moment.

OP
OP
GrasB

GrasB

Veteran
GregCollins said:
+1 on the waitrose the rest. Bit worried they let vans in the car park though. How plebian.
Yes but it's in a very good position for people coming off the M11 to grab something on their way home. In fact if you're going towards London I can't think of a more convenient supermarket to grab something at.

Just to derail the thread totally, does yours do the cycle trolleys? or have a cafe in it? or decent bike parking facilities. My local one is sadly lacking in all three.
Yes, they're rolling it out apparently, but considering how much we buy in one go from them they won't be any use for me.
There used to be a small cafe but I've not been that far down the shop to notice it.
Better than most places but that's hardly saying anything.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
GregCollins said:

Our local Waitrose in Newmarket's Ok, though I may be imagining it but some of its punters seem to have an awful air of smugness about them. Turn up on your bike and you may as well have arrived by spaceship. The enormous piles of Daily Mails says it all really. And there's a fair few elderly ladies who slightly overdo the talcum powder before heading out which can be a bit overwhelming! To be fair though the staff there are brilliant- friendly and dead helpful.

Top Bottom