To those that measure their deep sleep

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
(I do hope you realise I was joking)

What if someone is obsessed by inspecting the back of their eyelids? :okay:

If they do it quickly when they are asleep, the experts say that's all fine and dandy. It's probably not a good idea to set your alarm clock as a reminder.

OP
OP
Y

yello

When did interest become an obsession?

If you have no interest then that's cool. Nobody says you have to. I'm puzzled by the desire to share one's lack of interest quite so forcibly though.

There are very valid reasons why one might want to monitor their heart rates 24/7, ditto oxygen saturation and sleep patterns. For health reasons, or even sports performance. Shock horror, an athlete (e.g. cyclist) interested in performance.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I had no interest in fitness watches or even wearing a wristwatch... until i found a FitBit on the pavement and after no one on the local FB group claimed it, i bought a charger and began wearing it. I wasn't so surprised by the amount of distance i was walking at work, but was shocked to discover i was getting less than four hours sleep most nights. If anything it's made me make sure i get at least five hours.

When did interest become an obsession?

If you have no interest then that's cool. Nobody says you have to. I'm puzzled by the desire to share one's lack of interest quite so forcibly though.

There are very valid reasons why one might want to monitor their heart rates 24/7, ditto oxygen saturation and sleep patterns. For health reasons, or even sports performance. Shock horror, an athlete (e.g. cyclist) interested in performance.

1st rule of CC - any new innovations or gadgets are crap.
Steel frames, Toe straps and ordance survey maps are where its at !

Not too sure about that. Or was penicillin a retrograde step?

Irony mate ! Irony 😃😃😃

Stephenite

Membå
6F38EA94-DE49-4F4E-B7FD-C87981990D3C.jpeg
I wear a Garmin Fenix 5 24/7.

My sleep pattern generally follows everyone else, I think. A typical night would be - After nodding off I’m soon into one hour of deep sleep, and the rest of the night is light sleep with two to five cycles of REM.

My biggest problem is not getting enough sleep. I work late two or three nights each week but always up early to get the kids off to school.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
View attachment 685639 I wear a Garmin Fenix 5 24/7.

My sleep pattern generally follows everyone else, I think. A typical night would be - After nodding off I’m soon into one hour of deep sleep, and the rest of the night is light sleep with two to five cycles of REM.

My biggest problem is not getting enough sleep. I work late two or three nights each week but always up early to get the kids off to school.

I have a very hectic lifestyle too. And mostly enjoy that.

Up until around 50 (?) I survived on very little sleep. Sometimes 3-5 hours a night for weeks on end. Occasionally I had / needed a real long ‘catch-up’ sleep.

I couldn’t manage that now just a few years later: and am pretty comfortable around the 7 hours a night now….

Last night I had a good length due to weekend but it recorded it as fair. Then in the comments said poor. Three deep sleeps at 1hr15m length then mostly light with 4 rem and 3 awake totalling 12 minutes. The last was bc of 3 kids in a sleepover of which 1 had to go home at 2am. That's possibly why my stress levels are medium high!

Stephenite

Membå
I have a very hectic lifestyle too. And mostly enjoy that.

Up until around 50 (?) I survived on very little sleep. Sometimes 3-5 hours a night for weeks on end. Occasionally I had / needed a real long ‘catch-up’ sleep.

I couldn’t manage that now just a few years later: and am pretty comfortable around the 7 hours a night now….

I’m going through the same stage as you’ve mentioned. Often going for a couple of weeks on only 3-5 hours sleep, and the occasional 10-12 hour of catch-up. The kids are getting older so things will improve there. I have to get another job though. One with regular hours. [Puts on old persons voice] I’m 55, you know.

The data I referred to in my previous post though is from the times I’m having normal 6-8 hour sleeps. If that makes any sense.

OP
OP
Y

yello

My sleep pattern generally follows everyone else, I think

Yep, that could be mine.

I get 8+ hours regularly. I had 9 last night, with 46 minutes deep in 4 stages in the first 2 hours. That number of deep sleep phases is somewhat unusual for me. As a rule, it's usually 1 maybe 2.

I must do some reading on when/why the body goes into deep sleep, I find it intriguing (caveat being the limitations/inaccuracies of my watch)

Top Bottom