To USB, or not to USB...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
My experience of the back light is that its nice and bright, easy to charge and easy to fit. After 3 winters it stopped holding its charge though and would fail mid ride with no warning.

I'm a bit belt & braces when it comes to rear lights. I've got a couple of cheapo Chinese battery powered rear flashing jobbies that have come off secondhand bikes I've acquired, and my preference for any further away than the local pub is to have my USB powered steady rear light PLUS a cheapo flasher going, so if one fails at least I'll have lights of some sort. Saying that, most cyclists round my way don't appear to have even heard of bike lights, as they mostly don't bother using them, but if you don't have any lights it's easy for someone to claim they couldn't see you.

Thanks @SkipdiverJohn for the update on the lidl lights. Had assumed they were the same - tbe battery indicator sounds genuinely useful.

By the by, with regard to using on different bikes, the mount for the front seems to be near as damnit the same as the smart lunar, and a lunar lookalike i picked up in tkmax branded Duracell. So I can pop both of my lidl fronts, AA and usb, on several of my bikes.

Top Bottom