today i bought a...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Does anyone know for certain if footage from a cyclist headcam ever been used in court?

Think Jack Smith had some success as well...not a user myself though...

In all honesty though,i do think you're better as a fighter than a flighter, i think most road rage bullies are typical cowards and back down when you stand up to them.

I agree in general, but not with cycling. Made that mistake once before and the guy started stalking me for a while so he could shout abuse at me every day. I stopped responding after the 1st time though, becuase you never know about other people & their anger issues. Take care out there :thumbsup:

Booyaa

Veteran
I am female but i have made grown men run back to their car LOL !! However I'm always aware once I've calmed down that it's prob the worst idea to get involved in the first place. In all honesty though,i do think you're better as a fighter than a flighter, i think most road rage bullies are typical cowards and back down when you stand up to them.
Found this to be true in about 99% of cases and there have been plenty of cases. Being the size I am helps though.

If you need a Nuffield bottle let me know, have loads lying around the house.

Does anyone know for certain if footage from a cyclist headcam ever been used in court?

I can see the point in using one in that case. But cannot see the point in posting footage on all the social media sites. You all know you have some awful drivers in the UK, you dont need clips posted on the net to prove it.
I've had one where the police had a chat with the operator and twice where the company dealt with the driver. Over around 8,000 miles if otherwise fairly uneventful riding in central London.

Doesn't need to be in court to have it's uses.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Think Jack Smith had some success as well...not a user myself though...

I agree in general, but not with cycling. Made that mistake once before and the guy started stalking me for a while so he could shout abuse at me every day. I stopped responding after the 1st time though, becuase you never know about other people & their anger issues. Take care out there :thumbsup:
Actually, that reminds me of a guy we had a few years back, i gave him a gob full when he had a go at me, and then had a bit more trouble off him, but then it turned out a few others had had problems with the same guy so the company called the cops in. Not sure what they actually did but the abuse stopped.
My cam has come today

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
I've had one where the police had a chat with the operator and twice where the company dealt with the driver. Over around 8,000 miles if otherwise fairly uneventful riding in central London.

Doesn't need to be in court to have it's uses.

yes, i've had bit of success in getting the police to have a chat with someone, which i was happy with as he was just not concentrating as opposed to downright aggressive. I'm not a youtube uploader... i'd spend my entire life on there!... but the reason i reported this particular one was because i filmed footage specifically for a safety video at work (why it's best to use primary), and i purposely rode secondary through a pinch point, and the resulting footage was so bad, my work colleagues made me report it. The guy was ashamed at the time i'm sure (he had nearly wrote his car off (and me) in front of his passenger), so i'm sure the cops turning up on his doorstep a week later must have felt awkward for him.

Quick point, try not to catch yourself damaging someone else's property on camera. Doing silly things like this won't help your case when you go to the police, even if they deserve it!

that's why i want a cam. it calms me down because i get a sick sense of pleasure knowing i'll get em back later :smile:

Booyaa

Veteran
Do you cycle in central Birmingham? Would be interested to know what it is like cycling in town, only did it once late at night. Going to start commuting to work again if I can get back in the habit. Work just off Broad Street but am currently constantly getting buzzed by hundreds of cyclists on the pavements from the way to New Street to Broad Street.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Actually, that reminds me of a guy we had a few years back, i gave him a gob full when he had a go at me, and then had a bit more trouble off him, but then it turned out a few others had had problems with the same guy so the company called the cops in. Not sure what they actually did but the abuse stopped.
My cam has come today

That's what I thought about the **** trying it with me tbh. Kind of wish I'd got his number plate really, but haven't seen him in a while. I was waiting to wish him a happy Christmas, but I suppose a happy new year will have to suffice if he resurfaces. Break down the barriers & all that :biggrin:

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Do you cycle in central Birmingham? Would be interested to know what it is like cycling in town, only did it once late at night. Going to start commuting to work again if I can get back in the habit. Work just off Broad Street but am currently constantly getting buzzed by hundreds of cyclists on the pavements from the way to New Street to Broad Street.
Never done Birmingham but my brother has, I don't remember him moaning too much

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Me too, rather die fighting than flee a coward ha ha
I think you need to know how to read the situation, if its loony toons time you need to know when to cut and run , maybe im fortunate ( ?) to have done wing chun for many years so i kinda know what im capable of .
Try to reason with rational talk and defend where necessary but dont push it for the sake of it .

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
I think you need to know how to read the situation, if its loony toons time you need to know when to cut and run , maybe im fortunate ( ?) to have done wing chun for many years so i kinda know what im capable of .
Try to reason with rational talk and defend where necessary but dont push it for the sake of it .
Don't worry cyberknight, I'm just kidding :smile:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
you know what the biggest gain is to recording your rides. You get to look back at your own riding, see what you are doing wrong, and improve them.

I'm 10x the rider I was before I started filming.

Top Bottom