Today I made a cyclist smile :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tiberius Baltar

Hi all,

I had one of those stand out moments today that made me feel good and made a perfect stranger smile with gratitude. I was driving my taxi (I know! Bloody taxi drivers!) along a busy main road in Halewood and happened to hit some rather severe road works (bloody gas board!).

None of this was out of the ordinary until I spotted a poor fella on his bike trying unsuccessfully to move out to his right in order to safely get through the narrow stretch of road where the roadworks were.

Upon seeing this gentleman nearly squashed by a bus then a car then a van I decided to take action! I pulled up behind him and to his surprise I moved out to my right completely blocked all the filtering traffic and waved him through. I did not move my car until he had cleared the roadworks and I had been called some choice names by the now stationary traffic which was building up behind me.

At the next set of lights there was a knock on my window and a slightly out of breath but grateful cyclist with a big smile couldn't thank me enough while the inconsiderate b****rds in the cars behind gave me evil glares as I laughed away with my fellow cyclist! Ha ha ha ha.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
At the next set of lights there was a knock on my window and a slightly out of breath but grateful cyclist with a big smile couldn't thank me enough while the inconsiderate b****rds in the cars behind gave me evil glares as I laughed away with my fellow cyclist! Ha ha ha ha.

Well done you! It's nice to be nice and it makes both parties feel good.

GC

400bhp

Guru
This must be a wind up.

Car drivers are the devil's spawn. :whistle:

Top Bottom