Today i met Arch.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
What a wonderful day.I have met Sue,she is a really super nice lady.She is going to do the write up on the handover with photo or photos.I have also just found out her companion for today is no other than The Doctor.I have just seen his photos of the ride up Mt Vontoux.I have been in special company.What a joy to meet them both.The weather was perfect a distance of 40 miles we went from Thorp Arch trading estate to York through small pretty villages and very little traffic.Just short of 20 miles from 10-30 to 12-00.We had our tea and chocolate fudge cake at a cafe that 20 years ago i took a lady for something similar she is now my wife.The two jerseys attracted the attention of an elderly gentleman who spoke with us for ten mins on his riding memories which wre quite spectacular.The jersey works also see one was spotted in Selby today.Sue guided us out of York via the back lanes.We had a stop at a village pub before we departed and went our seperate ways.If you ever get the opportunity to meet with Sue you will find her a lovely person.I hope she does not mind me saying that and for putting all this down before she has done her write up.But i am still on a high.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Someone is IN LOVE :blush:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Hey! this is Arch we're talking about, what's not to love?

You are indeed a lucky man Postman.

I had the immeasurable pleasure of meeting both Arch & TheDoctor for a day out(almost exactly)a month ago. It was the first of the Tea? thread meets and hopefully of many more.
I'm still grinning wildy at the thought of that day, and my single regret is still not scoffing the profitarolls before I left Chez' Doc.

postman said:
What a wonderful day.I have met Sue,she is a really super nice lady.She is going to do the write up on the handover with photo or photos.I have also just found out her companion for today is no other than The Doctor.I have just seen his photos of the ride up Mt Vontoux.I have been in special company.What a joy to meet them both.The weather was perfect a distance of 40 miles we went from Thorp Arch trading estate to York through small pretty villages and very little traffic.Just short of 20 miles from 10-30 to 12-00.We had our tea and chocolate fudge cake at a cafe that 20 years ago i took a lady for something similar she is now my wife.The two jerseys attracted the attention of an elderly gentleman who spoke with us for ten mins on his riding memories which wre quite spectacular.The jersey works also see one was spotted in Selby today.Sue guided us out of York via the back lanes.We had a stop at a village pub before we departed and went our seperate ways.If you ever get the opportunity to meet with Sue you will find her a lovely person.I hope she does not mind me saying that and for putting all this down before she has done her write up.But i am still on a high.

Keep a picture of her under your pillow like everyone else.

I owe Arch for advising me on rides round York and the location of a great pub there. The Maltings is beer heaven and didn't even object to me turning up in cycling gear (my figure is not great!) Will repeat the trip this summer, thanks again Arch!

Top Bottom