Today I rode with no pants!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I assume the chamois is fine with being chucked through the washing machine then. I find that when I'm cycling every day my underpants only last about three months. After that I really do have to wash them.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Went out for a ride today with no pants. Didnt really feel much of a difference. It didnt make me go any faster or cause me less pain (not that wearing undies is painful anyway).
I cant promise I will stay commando, its always good to have another layer to fall back on if the worst happens and you come off your bike and ruin your shorts.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Went out for a ride today with no pants. Didnt really feel much of a difference. It didnt make me go any faster or cause me less pain (not that wearing undies is painful anyway).
I cant promise I will stay commando, its always good to have another layer to fall back on if the worst happens and you come off your bike and ruin your shorts.

I think it depends on the pants too, I have very thin lycra ones from M&S (not S&M I promise) that can be worn under the Gore ones with no loss of comfort

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Cycling half naked is a bit risque!
Cycling completely naked is risque .... but oh so much fun ....
http://www.worldnakedbikeride.org/uk/

Col5632

Guru
I've never wore underwear with my cycling shorts, as already said the padding is meant to be against your skin and they are tight enough without adding underwear into the equation :eek:

There's no way I'd go commando. When commuting I wear an old pair of jean that are slightly worn away in the crotch; if I went commando my left ball bag would be rubbing against my saddle.

If & when I buy proper cycling shorts I'll give commando a try.

Top Bottom