Today, i'll mostly be...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
... lolling around the house, catching up on eastenders, coronation street, x-factor, relaxing in my new big soft fluffy hooded dressing gown, eating chocolate and jelly babies and playing with my ferret ;)

what you up to?

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
I'll be pottering round the house, doing laundry, fettling my gears, nipping to Sainsbury's, doing a little bit of gardening, drinking tea and brushing Dinah the cat.
Was going to go out for a little recovery ride, but I feel like having a bit of a laze around...

longers

Legendary Member
Just in from a hilly and windy 80k ride, off to brave the hordes at the supermarket and fight over the last bananas, then going to the gym. Then having a rest ;).

Willow

Watching oldest son play footie, doing some paperwork, reading the paper and debating about whether to sweep up some leaves. Had day off Friday so normal weekend jobs plus cleaning out guttering was done then. Was hoping to get to cycle sale thing in Guildford but seems my weekend without boys is weekend with boys well at least until 4pm by which time I won't want to go anywhere.

I feel quite tired today probably need a bit of exercise, but no inspiration to get on the bike. Won't get many commutes in this week either due to boys social life and needing to collect from school in car.

I've managed to trap a nerve in my back, so I'm sitting here on a hot water bottle, necking painkillers and anti inflammatories while the other half does all the sunday jobs... sounds nice but I can't actually walk without a lot of pain

Went to Cabot Circus, the new mall in Bristol. Credit crunch? What credit crunch? The place was packed!

Never though I would sayy this about a shopping mall but I really like it, fab architecture and they've fitted it in to the existing street plan really well.

Could I find unwashed Levi's 512s though?

Reading the delights of "mixed method" research and questionnaire design prior to starting on the presentation for my research proposal.

Would much rather be researching a few country lanes and a pub!

I stayed at a mates house lats night and this morning got up watched the GP had some breakfast and coffee. Then helped him get some veg from the garden (more coffee) as I was showing him how to cook for his GF before she gets back from a party down south (more coffee). Now the food is cooking and shes back in a min so time for a coffee then lunch.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Only a 10 miler today - coming down with a cold.....so chillin now and cooking a sunday roast - Chicken in white wine and garlic, roast spuds and parsnips, carrots and a few other things - just got some coffee brewing....

Didn't go out yesterday as I was playing with my new garden vac/blower - there are a couple of big trees near my house, and our house just so happens to be the one where the wind whips round and deposits the lot in out front garden...... got a bit carried away with it though...... Blew/sucked the cul-de-sac of leaves.....not just the garden.......well they will end up in my garden at some point......

Arms were killing though, so didn't ride - couldn't grip anything after that stint !!!!

mondobongo

Über Member
Was up and out early to do a 56 miler, plan on putting feet up this avo and having a nice dinner of fish rice and sprouts.

Kirstie you have my sympathy did my ribs/back in end of August just getting back on the bike now.

mondobongo said:
Was up and out early to do a 56 miler, plan on putting feet up this avo and having a nice dinner of fish rice and sprouts.

Kirstie you have my sympathy did my ribs/back in end of August just getting back on the bike now.

Thanks mondobongo. I'll see the osteopath on Tuesday and it should be OK. This is something which happens to me a few times a year, owing to breaking my back a few years ago! Glad to hear you are recovering.

Top Bottom