Today Was My Last Day At Work!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Well tomorrow really is my date for retirement but today I completed my last day at work and I am now retired.

It was both a happy and ever so slightly emotional day. But none the less a new chapter in my/our lives as we are about to embark on a new life in Spain. Next move is a bit of house hunting for a month over there. But a nice little break here first and time to get the head together and totally wind down.

Here's hoping for a long peaceful retirement with a fair bit of cycling thrown in.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Well tomorrow really is my date for retirement but today I completed my last day at work and I am now retired.

It was both a happy and ever so slightly emotional day. But none the less a new chapter in my/our lives as we are about to embark on a new life in Spain. Next move is a bit of house hunting for a month over there. But a nice little break here first and time to get the head together and totally wind down.

Here's hoping for a long peaceful retirement with a fair bit of cycling thrown in.
Lucky Bastard! Hope you have a long and lovely retirement :-)

Levo-Lon

Guru
Enjoy your retirement..
say hello to my Dad if you see him..he seems happy to have moved to Spain.
moved into the new house Wednesday burgled Thursday..but only the new tv nicked..

OP
OP
The Jogger

The Jogger

Legendary Member
We won't actually move permanently until early next year for tax reasons. The Spanish really like to tax things our governments don't like pension lump sums. However we'll be back and forward for the first six months or so.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Lucky you! Congrats!
I would wait for the referendum results before buying property abroad, might be that the Spanish government has different laws (and more taxes!) for non EU residents.

Top Bottom