Today Was My Last Day At Work!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
The Jogger

The Jogger

Legendary Member
enjoy your time in Spain, it really is a fantastic place to live if working isn't on option.....the long dry warm/hot spring, summer, autumn make it worth the move...would it be impertinent of me ask which part of Spain you are considering....

No work involved and also keeping my place in Chichester.

It's more than likely going to be the Axarquia area which isn't too ex pated.

I think you might be right there, thanks.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
... and he woke up, and it was all a dream :smile::okay::smile::okay:
... the alarm clock wasn't actually ringing, so he just turned over and went back to sleep happy.

gavgav

Guru
About another 28 years to go for me. After the day I've had today it's 28 yrs too long. Can someone please tell me what the good points of being a manager actually are?!

PaulB

Legendary Member
About another 28 years to go for me. After the day I've had today it's 28 yrs too long. Can someone please tell me what the good points of being a manager actually are?!
Salary and status. Apart from those two things, everything else is bad. You have to take on other people's problems and shield them from flak. Still, you must have wanted/applied for the position so maybe one or both of the benefits compensate for the negatives. Personally, I'd never do it again and think there's something fundamentally wrong with those who seek such positions.

gavgav

Guru
Salary and status. Apart from those two things, everything else is bad. You have to take on other people's problems and shield them from flak. Still, you must have wanted/applied for the position so maybe one or both of the benefits compensate for the negatives. Personally, I'd never do it again and think there's something fundamentally wrong with those who seek such positions.
I was 50/50, but due to the current situation with people leaving the department, I would have ended up doing most of the work anyway and so figured I may as well get paid more for doing it!

D

Deleted member 1258

Welcome to the club, and I hope Spain works out well for you. I walked away just before Xmas, twelve months early, I'd had enough, I'm currently trying to make my savings last till my state pension kicks in at Xmas and loving every minute of it, yes I'm skint and will be for the forseable future, but I'm happy.

Top Bottom