Today was the first time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
In nearly 20 years i haven't carried my best mate down the stairs in my arms to feed him .
I even stood at the top of the stairs and waited for him as he was getting slow in his old age . I knew he wouldn't come though so I carried on .
As i walked through the front room i found my self looking for him . I don't know why as i know hes gone , but hes always somewhere if he isn't at the top of the stairs .
Today was the first time in nearly 20 years I've switched the kettle on without getting told off . Its food first then kettle , any fool knows that .
Just not today .
I opened the back door and walked out into the garden . Normally i'd call his name but i know today he wont be running home .
Its raining and i know where he'll be , he'll be under his favorite tree . That's where i buried him yesterday with a little cross marked TC .

Mo1959

Legendary Member
In nearly 20 years i haven't carried my best mate down the stairs in my arms to feed him .
I even stood at the top of the stairs and waited for him as he was getting slow in his old age . I knew he wouldn't come though so I carried on .
As i walked through the front room i found my self looking for him . I don't know why as i know hes gone , but hes always somewhere if he isn't at the top of the stairs .
Today was the first time in nearly 20 years I've switched the kettle on without getting told off . Its food first then kettle , any fool knows that .
Just not today .
I opened the back door and walked out into the garden . Normally i'd call his name but i know today he wont be running home .
Its raining and i know where he'll be , he'll be under his favorite tree . That's where i buried him yesterday with a little cross marked TC .
That made me cry...............as a fellow pet owner I feel for you. I presume at that age, he was a cat? My last cat made that age too. Great long life but just makes the passing even harder after all that time. Big hugs for you. :hugs:

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
That made me cry...............as a fellow pet owner I feel for you. I presume at that age, he was a cat? My last cat made that age too. Great long life but just makes the passing even harder after all that time. Big hugs for you. :hugs:
Yes , i bought him as a kitten for my girlfriend ( living together at the time ) But me and him just hit it off . She used to get the hump as he would always sit on my lap and not hers so we got rid of her :okay:

Oldbloke

Guru
Gulp, that's choking. Got me in tears and reminded my of my beautiful dog dying in June.

My condolences.

Top Bottom