Today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

THIS ALL HAPPENED VERY FAST

Today I was standing at the bus stop, waiting for the bus.

To my left was some bloke slightly younger than myself.

To my right a bloke older than myself.

It'd just started drizzling abit.

I was listening to some music on the mp3 trying to busy myself other than waiting, prior to the bus.

The roads were not that busy - it was about mid-day.

Then, to my right in the road, about say 50ft I noticed a wriggling 'something', in the middle of the road, between the 2 lanes..at 1st I thought 'something wriggling' i looked away...then looked again AND i looked hard....

It was a kitten that had been thrown out of a car window

Now - i'm a person that likes life and that goes for anything be it a fish or a person and ANYTHING that you can think of.

I lookd at the bloke to my left - he didnt even know what day it was never mind anything to do with intelligence.

The bloke to my right didnt need any stress.

I looked to see if any cars were stopping...or anyone doing anything - as you couldnt miss the wriggling.

I ran over

I checked it out quickly, I noticed some blood on the road and it was only moving everyarea cept on part of it in regards to the head and one paw.

I stopped the traffic - they would of had to go through me to get me out the way: they stopped!

So I picked its little body up and moved it to a grass area on the other side of the low wall.

Their was nothing I could have done for it unless I had a motor right there, then and even then the prognosis didnt look good.

I can only say and echo what a good friend of mine said 'i only believe in Karma and hope some throws them out of a car window'

Those that have done this are indescribable are the dust of the earth and I can only hope that someone or thing has mercy on their soul.

Poor litle thing. Let's hope it wasn't anyone on this thread who was responsible.:wacko:
Seriously, that's awful. Well done Yenners, you did the right thing.

domtyler

Über Member
So did you put it out of its misery or just leave it to die a long, slow, painful, lingering death?

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
A few years ago, I had a similar experience whilst driving through Leicestershire. I pulled into a riverside lay-by for a coffee and there was another car parked there. As I pulled up, I noticed a bloke throw something into the water and hurriedly get into his car and drive off. Having finished my coffe, I decided that as it was a quiet and remote area, I would ditch my now filtered coffee in the river.

As I neared the bank, a movement on the far side caught my attention. It turned out to be a very bedraggled and frightened Heinz 57 puppy. That lowest of all living creatures, that specimen in the rapidly departing car, had tried to drown the dog.

To cut a long one short, I did get the pup out and it is a happy ending because it lived a long and happy life at the farm I used to visit. The hardest thing to accept is that I did not see what that b*****d was doing in time to take action.

Renard

People who do things like that are scum. I remember Keith Oates posting about a dog that was suffering terribly in the road and about the dilemma he felt about putting it out of its misery and how would you go about it. Hope you feel better now mate.

Top Bottom