Today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
SamNichols

SamNichols

I am smiling, it is just a very nervous smile.

Arch

Married to Night Train
SamNichols said:
1) I now have a pink slip to suggest that I am, at least at the moment, not a terrorist.

A week or so ago there was a list in the Indy (or G2?) of the world's worst airports, and one of them was Mogadishu, and it said that the staff are very keen to prove that they are cracking down on terror, but that in practice this is done by handing every passenger a form saying "We believe that <insert name here> is not a member of Al' Quaida". Sounds like you have the British equivalent.

With regard to what to do with a bomb, I believe from childhood memories of Belfast, it's "don't pick it up, or if you have, put it down gently, take a couple of careful steps away, then run like buggery..."

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Sam, don't forget to let me know the details of the free holiday - remember I'm going as your youngest sister's boyfriend. Have you told her the good news yet?:smile:

ajevans

They always seem to be stopping people at Bham New St.

And when I say people I mean men, in their late teens/ twenties who are asian in appearance.

I guess you must be their token white bloke.

OP
OP
SamNichols

SamNichols

rich p said:
Sam, don't forget to let me know the details of the free holiday - remember I'm going as your youngest sister's boyfriend. Have you told her the good news yet?:smile:

Tickets are booked now, we are flying to Boston via Toronto (the long way round, I believe). Then we are spending a few days in New York, and are going up to stay on some island in Maine for a while. Unfortunately, you can't come as partners are, for once, not allowed. Instead we get to see our wonderful, albeit very Republican, American friends.

rich p said:

He has, but at 12 months old, it doesn't seem to have sunk in yet. You'll be able to explain it in more detail at the airport.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
SamNichols said:
Tickets are booked now, we are flying to Boston via Toronto (the long way round, I believe). Then we are spending a few days in New York, and are going up to stay on some island in Maine for a while. Unfortunately, you can't come as partners are, for once, not allowed. Instead we get to see our wonderful, albeit very Republican, American friends.

Are you an American Sam?

Your not by any chance a member of the (gulp) DJ forum are you?
If not, or you dont know what i mean, forget it....i will refuse further elaboration and this posting is programmed to self-destruct in 24 hours

OP
OP
SamNichols

SamNichols

I am not an American in any way, shape or form. My parents' best friends are, and we are going for a visit. Half of my family are French, which may describe the reason why I am so effete.

No idea what the DJ forum is. Is it a forum for people who love to wear Dinner Jackets? Because I do love to wear Dinner Jackets.

Top Bottom