Todays 80 mile ride on the Boardman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Had a blast up Bae Woodford to see if they had finaly killed all the new Nimrods which we have all paid for,sadly they have so i turned round and headed home via a now nice sunny Tatton Park and surrounding area.

DSCN5829.jpg

Empty ramp where the Nimrods used to be parked

DSCN5830.jpg

The scrapping area

DSCN5844.jpg

Boardman in the sun at Tatton

DSCN5846.jpg

Lake at Tatton

DSCN5849.jpg

Warburton Bridge over the Manchester Ship canal

DSCN5850.jpg

Warburton Bridge

DSCN5854.jpg

Nearly home,nice back near Glazebrook with misurable old sod on a tourer,i overtook him loads of times and after the third none reaction to my hello i thought sod him !!! :biggrin:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
you had a great day for it. Thats one ugly bridge, looks like the bridge builders were using up spare bits left from other jobs.

OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
you had a great day for it. Thats one ugly bridge, looks like the bridge builders were using up spare bits left from other jobs.

It was nice on the return leg hence the sunshine and blue sky.The bridge is a well known landmark and has a Hornby train set look about it !

400bhp

Guru
It was nice on the return leg hence the sunshine and blue sky.The bridge is a well known landmark and has a Hornby train set look about it !

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For me it fits in well with Manchester's industrial past.

OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
That's the moss!! My route to work :biggrin:

(BTW, I am not the miserable old sod... well, not that one anyway)
It was the first time i used this road today,it cuts a good boring part out.I could not believe how miserable the old boy was,even when i lined up with him i never got a hello back..oh well,good ride all in all and the fixed was a dream as ever.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Was talking to a guy on a Brompton (or similar small wheel bike) yesterday , he said hello to a cyclist on the road and thje guy asked him if he was saving up for a proper bike :biggrin:

Takes all kinds,anyone ignores me and I tell them (loudly) that civility costs nothing then forget about them.

I did once say something less than charming to a woman standing right in the middle of a shared path forcing me onto the muddy grass.Then realized she was blind :blush:

It was the first time i used this road today,it cuts a good boring part out.I could not believe how miserable the old boy was,even when i lined up with him i never got a hello back..oh well,good ride all in all and the fixed was a dream as ever.

Do you know the way across Irlam Moss from your place? Nice run apart from one very badly pot-holed bit (less than half a mile or so); you'd cross the canal at Irlam Locks and down Carrington Lane heading for Stockport.

My brother lives in Astley and I live in Irlam so I use it often.

OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Do you know the way across Irlam Moss from your place? Nice run apart from one very badly pot-holed bit (less than half a mile or so); you'd cross the canal at Irlam Locks and down Carrington Lane heading for Stockport.

My brother lives in Astley and I live in Irlam so I use it often.

Is that the route that has a load of twists and turns that you could easily get lost ? I think i once did it from Astley Green and ebded up somewhere in Irlam.....the roads were pants then !

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Some good photos there. :thumbsup: The weather was a lot better for you than it was when I went past Tatton lake in the drizzle yesterday.

Top Bottom