Todays 80 mile ride on the Boardman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
+1 - some of those overhead "H" beam supports must be repairs/replacements???

Looks like you had a nice day for your ride though!! :thumbsup:

Was a great day for the ride,pity the aircraft i hoped to see were still hidden away being scrapped in the hangers....sad end to an historic aerodrome :sad:

potsy

Rambler
Maybe if you'd gotten there a bit earlier you'd have seen 'em
whistling.gif

bauldbairn

Was a great day for the ride,pity the aircraft i hoped to see were still hidden away being scrapped in the hangers....sad end to an historic aerodrome :sad:

The pictures of those new aircraft being chopped up by mechanical diggers are some of the worst I can remember - absolutely shocking waste of tax payers money. Surely they could have been used for something????:angry:

OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
The pictures of those new aircraft being chopped up by mechanical diggers are some of the worst I can remember - absolutely shocking waste of tax payers money. Surely they could have been used for something????:angry:

Tell me about it ! I have many,many good memories of Woodford from going to my first airshow in 1976,watching Vulcans and Nimrods being made ready for the Falklands war to the sad days when the previous Nimrod mess ( the AEW's) were dropped like the latest version.Managed to get some shots few weeks ago of the two complete airframes but they are now being stripped ready to be dragged over the the killing zone :sad:

Ironically the old Vulcan on the field is planned to be the last aircraft to be chopped,the old girl has survived everything !

Lisa21

Mooching.............
I LOVE Tatton Park. a friend of mine has a huge house which backs on to it and they get the deer on their patio in the evening :biggrin:
I have never cycled there tho, just walked, may have to pack the bike as well as Millie next time :tongue:

OP
OP
skudupnorth

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I LOVE Tatton Park. a friend of mine has a huge house which backs on to it and they get the deer on their patio in the evening :biggrin:
I have never cycled there tho, just walked, may have to pack the bike as well as Millie next time :tongue:

That must be brilliant to live so close and have the creatures bob in to much the grass ! You've got to cycle it some time,it's just great and the area around it is fun too.Give us the nod when you are over,i sense a Lisa/CC ride :biggrin: ...By the way,how are you going to get your bike through the wardrobe ?????

Lisa21

Mooching.............
That must be brilliant to live so close and have the creatures bob in to much the grass ! You've got to cycle it some time,it's just great and the area around it is fun too.Give us the nod when you are over,i sense a Lisa/CC ride :biggrin: ...By the way,how are you going to get your bike through the wardrobe ?????

Its a skill I have perfected over time Skud :tongue:
And next time I venture over to the dark side i shall indeed warn u :thumbsup:

Top Bottom