Todays ride

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 6 May 2008.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

I got up determined to start with some serious riding in the run up to my summer tour. I loaded up the bike (two rear panniers and a bar bag, half of what i will be carrying) and set off to Saffron Walden in Essex. I had planned to stop over at the youth hostel but changed my mind when I got there and rode home.
    I left at 11am this morning and arrived home at 7pm. Total distance just 85 miles (136km). I did stop for an hour for lunch and another 30 minutes rest in the park in Saffron walden though. The wind was the biggest 'feature ' of this ride, relentless. Nice sunny day though. My legs are killing me now though....dunno how I am going to manage 100km ever day in the summer....I dont think I will be able to ride at all tomorrow, let alone do it all again:ohmy:

2. dan_bo

dan_bo How much does it cost to Oldham?

you lucky lucky bar$tard. I've been sat in the car all day driving down to, and then around, london watching with envy the hundreds of cyclists bazzing about the place. And I didn't even get out over the weekend. Mockery.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice