Todays standard telephone conversation seems to be

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

Greedo - How you doing? Happy New year

Person - Yeah good, Happy new Year to you

Greedo - Did you have a good time do anything nice?

Person - Yeah it was nice, quiet, very quiet, but good.

Then into work mode

Now most of these people I've spoken to so far are are people I've known for a while and normally when you ask how was your weekend/holiday they take the next 5 mins telling you allsorts and go into great detail but asking them about their Christmas and New Year seems to render them virtually mute!!!

Very strange indeed???

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Greedo - How you doing? Happy New year

Person - Yeah good, Happy new Year to you

Greedo - Did you have a good time do anything nice?

Person - Yeah it was nice, quiet, very quiet, but good.

Then into work mode

Now most of these people I've spoken to so far are are people I've known for a while and normally when you ask how was your weekend/holiday they take the next 5 mins telling you allsorts and go into great detail but asking them about their Christmas and New Year seems to render them virtually mute!!!

Very strange indeed???

snakehips

Living standards have improved , people experience good things all year round. Xmas has lost the appeal that it used to have as one of only a few times in the year when people let their hair down and enjoyed themselves. But still some sort of expectation remains so the actual event is considered to be quiet by comparison.
IMHO

Snake

My Library

snakehips

Living standards have improved , people experience good things all year round. Xmas has lost the appeal that it used to have as one of only a few times in the year when people let their hair down and enjoyed themselves. But still some sort of expectation remains so the actual event is considered to be quiet by comparison.
IMHO

Snake

My Library

OP
OP
G

Greedo

snakehips said:
IMHO

Snake

My Library

Good point. I suppose my standard weekend is probably more enjoyable than Christmas and New year is.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

snakehips said:
IMHO

Snake

My Library

Good point. I suppose my standard weekend is probably more enjoyable than Christmas and New year is.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
My standard phone call today:

Hiya- sorry, I can't make it today- I'll have to play it by ear. I'll be in touch tomorrow. Bye!:smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hello is that Greedo?
No sorry this is his lovely wife... Greedo is busy right now posting another thread on CycleChat... :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hello is that Greedo?
No sorry this is his lovely wife... Greedo is busy right now posting another thread on CycleChat... :smile:

OP
OP
G

Greedo

ianrauk said:
Hello is that Greedo?

:smile:

Why the bloody hell is my wife answering the phones in my work though today!!! I'm confused!:wacko:

OP
OP
G

Greedo

ianrauk said:
Hello is that Greedo?

:smile:

Why the bloody hell is my wife answering the phones in my work though today!!! I'm confused!:wacko:

OP
OP
G

Greedo

ianrauk said:
Hello is that Greedo?

I'll sell her to you. You seem to be quite concerned about me not spending every waking minute with her.

What's your opening bid!:wacko:

By the way, Harry Brown was quite good. Mrs greedo didn't like it and fell asleep, but I did. Language is very very strong

Top Bottom