Today's Yellow Sticker Bargains

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A very nice lemon sponge cake with lemon curd topping and lemon icing (did I mention I like lemon?) reduced to 60p and 4 bags of sea salt & Aspall cider vinegar crisps for 10p each at the local Co-Op

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Same Co-op you scored all those biscuits in the other night, @Jenkins ?

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I'm now set for Panettone....

4 x 500g, all they had left in store. All in, £3

IMG_20200115_153811.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm now set for Panettone....

4 x 500g, all they had left in store. All in, £3

View attachment 500583
Don’t ever look at the calorie content of a panettone!
I bought a 1kg one at Bologna airport for €4 in November then looked at the calories per 100g. It’s still in the box, too scared to open!! :stop:

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Don’t ever look at the calorie content of a panettone!
I bought a 1kg one at Bologna airport for €4 in November then looked at the calories per 100g. It’s still in the box, too scared to open!! :stop:

I bake them. Will say that there's a preposterous amount of butter and eggs that go into them, so yeah... But hey... :hungry:

I bake them. Will say that there's a preposterous amount of butter and eggs that go into them, so yeah... But hey... :hungry:
A lot of Italian cakes in my experience are but varieties of fluff.

Remarketed for different occasions.

ie columba

I much prefer a traditional rich Brit christmas cake/rich fruit cake.

A real power cake :smile:

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
A lot of Italian cakes in my experience are but varieties of fluff.

Remarketed for different occasions.

ie columba

I much prefer a traditional rich Brit christmas cake/rich fruit cake.

A real power cake :smile:

In that case, a self-baked panettone will be a revelation, I can assure you. I used to hate them until I made my first one. :blush:

It should be light, but not airily fluffy, moist, rich with butter and eggs, plenty of sultanas and mixed peel, but shouldn't be over-perfumed. It's basically a heavily enriched bread really, not a cake. Think buns or fruit loaf on steroids and you should kind of get the idea...

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Green bins (dry / damaged goods clearance) in Tesco yielded a 3kg bag of cat biscuits, 4 packs of wet food pouches, three packs of dog chews, two large packs of rice noodles and a selection of Pukka teas, all mostly 2/3 off the ticket price.

Other YS buys today in Tesco were oranges and limes plus a large slab of rather ripe dolcelatte cheese.

Top Bottom