1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Todmorden/Whalley-Conder Green (near Glasson Dock), 100 miles/100km, Sat 24th Mar 2018

Discussion in 'CycleChat and Recreational Rides' started by ColinJ, 15 Feb 2018.

1. mythste

mythste Über Member

Ah, I did so enjoy this last year! I'm a definite maybe at the moment.

Was Carrie the unassuming lady cyclist who had my hanging out my rear end on the way back?
    ColinJ likes this.
  2. OP

ColinJ Hillfinder General

Indeed - a real 'pocket rocket'!

Unfortunately, she had a serious accident in Switzerland a few months after that, from which she is still recovering. This is an x-ray of her leg afterwards ...

Shattered leg.jpg

She is back on her bike and has done 50 mile rides but this one will be the longest ride for her since the accident. She is already fitter than me again, but she won't be riding flat out on the way back this time. She will ride with me and other slowish riders. If some of you want to race back after the cafe stop again that is fine as long as you take responsibility for your own navigation! :okay:

100 mile riders from Todmorden:
    • ColinJ
    • @Littgull
    • Bill? (non-CycleChat pal of ColinJ)
    • @mythste - a definite maybe (though might be for the 100 km option?)
    108 km riders from Spring Wood, Whalley:
    • @rusty bearing (if ride takes place on 24th, as planned)
    • Carrie and Kevin (non-CycleChat pals of ColinJ)
    Guest appearances:
    • @Domus at the cafe stop? (If the timing is right)
  3. Blue Hills

Blue Hills Guru

Can't be along for this colin for obvious reasons but just to say all the best for the ride. Hope to do it in the future sometime. Good to see someone doing a "plan it and they will come" ride.
    ColinJ likes this.
  4. OP

We may well repeat the ride from Whalley to Wray that we have done the past few years, but no date for that one yet. I have to find out when other things are happening and fit around them.
  5. Domus

Domus Über Member

Sunny Radcliffe
    Love to meet up with you all but I don't expect my motley crew to get there for that time. 15.00 would be more like it.

Have a good ride.................and save some cake for us :hungry:
    ColinJ likes this.
  6. OP

No, we will have to be well on the way back by then.

I hope that you have a good ride too!
  7. doughnut

doughnut Senior Member

Afraid my 50-50 has turned into a 0, Colin. Broke my arm last week while enjoying my new hang glider so I'm out of action for anything for a few months. :sad:
  8. OP

I just spotted it on the Llandudno thread! Heal as quickly as you can.

My pal Bill (who might be doing this ride) had a scary hang gliding crash. He wasn't badly hurt but gave it up after that.
    doughnut likes this.