Toe Clips - anyone using them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
col said:
I have tried them and dont like the restriction, much prefer freedom of movement for my feet, I also found I couldnt get the ball of my foot far enough forward on the pedal for comfort. Now I realise the benefits are there and the clipless type will improve things for performance, but I suppose Im a die hard old school and like basic pedals.

I think that's my real problem too. I just like normal pedals and the freedom they bring to put your feet wherever you like and to ride in whatever shoes you like. My only reason for experimenting with toe clips is that I was thinking about converting my SS to fixed gear and realise some form of foot retention system is desireable on a fixed.

col

Legendary Member
tyred said:
I think that's my real problem too. I just like normal pedals and the freedom they bring to put your feet wherever you like and to ride in whatever shoes you like. My only reason for experimenting with toe clips is that I was thinking about converting my SS to fixed gear and realise some form of foot retention system is desireable on a fixed.

Ah yes, it wouldnt be good if your feet came off the pedals on a fixed flying down a bank:biggrin:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I used to use DMR V12's all the time even on my touring bike, then I thought I would try the Toes Clips on my touring bike as I used to use them years ago.

When I first put them on it felt like I was peddling with my toes but after a lot of adding spacers and fiddling around with them they are now great. I dont do the straps up tight I just leave them quite loose but I found that with the V12's I would always end up peddling with the middle of my foot, the Toe Clips help me to stay peddling with the correct part of my foot and I now find I am going faster and further as a result and it feels wierd when I ride my MTB with the V12's on.

tyred

Legendary Member
I think I will make myself some spacers so I can fit my foot into the thing properly and give it another go.

Top Bottom