Toe nail fungus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Does anyone have any experience of successfully treatment?

I have been treating both my big toes with an over the counter product since 16th August. I apply it daily without fail.

The package says it can take 3 months of daily application, so I am 7 weeks in. But have seen no visible improvement. The internet seems to think it’s very hot and miss.

Is prescription medication any better?

vickster

Legendary Member
My mother was recommended this by her podiatrist, I think it worked!
Emtrix® Fungal Nail Treatment...

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GZ8CBQ6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning

avsd

Guru
My podiatrist recommended 1-2 drops of Milton Sterilising Fluid on the nail each day until the infected part of the nail grows out. Worked well for me put slow. Don't let it on the carpet - as it will stain

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Oral Terbinafine may be effective if your GP will prescribe it, but they’re often reluctant because of occasional liver related side effects. I had it for a skin condition but it magically sorted my toes too within a couple of weeks.

richardfm

Veteran
I've been using this stuff on prescription for about three months.
It says it can take 6 months for finger nails and a year for toe nails.
It is working, The affected part of my thumb nail has almost grown out and nothing is coming behind. I like to tell myself it is working on the affected toe nails, but it's hard to see.
IMG_20231005_200433275.jpg

Jameshow

Veteran
My podiatrist recommended 1-2 drops of Milton Sterilising Fluid on the nail each day until the infected part of the nail grows out. Worked well for me put slow. Don't let it on the carpet - as it will stain

I've been washing my feet in bleach at the start of my shower, possibly seeing a beneficial effect.

Have also got athletes foot to boot, not that many on here will have that!🤣🤣🤣

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I'm sure I've read about this in the past and it is most efficiently treated with a full body antibiotic (?) It's a bit harsh and might be coupled with monitoring of liver function?

I'm not a doctor and you will probably have to discuss this with your doctor :okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm sure I've read about this in the past and it is most efficiently treated with a full body antibiotic (?) It's a bit harsh and might be coupled with monitoring of liver function?

I'm not a doctor and you will probably have to discuss this with your doctor :okay:

How does an antibiotic get rid of a fungal infection?

CXRAndy

Guru
A relative had a fungal toe nail infection. The doctor prescribed an oral medicine, which took around 4-6 months of treatment to work. The transformation in the look of their toenails was astonishing. Condition never returned, that was over 10 years ago. Can't remember the drug they took orally

Top Bottom