Toilet Roll

Toilet Roll?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dav1d

Doesn't Izal say "medicated" or something on the packet? What's the point in medicated tracing paper?

I just buy any that's not scented, as I give the empty rolls to my pet gerbils.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Is there a category for "whatever's on special offer"? I'll do semi decent stuff if it's on offer but don't mind stooping to the value stuff. I've better things to spend my money on.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
I'm an Andrex girl through and through. Kind to our Victorain drains and to my undercarriage ;). We time our purchases to buy in bulk when there are offers on, at which point it often works out cheaper that economy rolls.

Izal - take four sheets, dull side up. Scrunch up, straighten out, scrunch up straighten out, scrunch up straighten out = good to go: Honest.

Hmmm might buy it for the kids, character building.

longers

Legendary Member
Crackle said:
Izal - take four sheets, dull side up. Scrunch up, straighten out, scrunch up straighten out, scrunch up straighten out = good to go: Honest.

Do they not supply it in schools nowadays?

It's either that or National Service we need to bring back.

Plax

Guru
Tesco Value for me. Think it's about £1.72 for 12 rolls. I used to buy the Andrex stuff, but quite frankly the value stuff lasts just as long and I don't notice all that much difference.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Crackle said:

You sadistic Bastard... I wouldn't wish Izal on my worst enemy.
Why use Izal when the Daily Mail is so much better... and a lot more satisfying in-use?

FBOAB

Well I never! Izal fans a plenty! Me personally bargain basement Tesco own brand for me, for god sake. Its only for wiping your bum/etc isn't it? A colleague of mine used to swear by Izal and carry it around with him wherever he went. Couldn't understand it myself but what the hey?

Keith Oates

Janner
I thought the only reason people bought the Daly Mirror was to cut it into squares and then put hole in the corner for passing the string through so that it could be hung on a nail.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Globalti

Legendary Member
They do that in Spain except that when they get to the page with the death notices they have to tear out all the little crosses, raise them to their lips then tuck them in their top pocket. It means they end up with loo paper with lots of small holes in it.

My preference? There's nothing nicer than baby wipes, especially after a curry. I have to keep them out of our downstairs loo though or my son uses them too liberally, which blocks the junction meaning I have to borrow my neighbour's rodding kit and...... well I won't continue.

OP
OP
3-IN-One

3-IN-One

Rigid Raider said:
There's nothing nicer than baby wipes, especially after a curry. I have to keep them out of our downstairs loo though or my son uses them too liberally, which blocks the junction meaning I have to borrow my neighbour's rodding kit and...... well I won't continue.

I must try Baby wipes after a Ruby Thanks for the tip RR

radger

Veteran
Oh, Izal. I have memories (certainly not fond ones) of visits to my grandparents' when I was a kid, where we'd all be constipated until we got home. We never had it at school - it was some sort of super-coarse pink stuff which I hesitate to call paper.

IME, the economy stuff tends to only have about 10 sheets to a roll so seems to me to be a totally false economy

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
in days of old
when knights were bold
before paper was ever invented,
they wiped their @rse
on blades of grass and walked away contented

Top Bottom