Toilet Roll

Toilet Roll?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
buggi said:
lets do a poll. anything economy for me. it's loo for feck's sake, i'm only gonna wipe my arse on it.

Bet the advertisers love you!

Get on side - your attitude as a responsible consumer is totally unacceptable!

puddleglum

My aunty swore by old newspapers when she was skint. Far less smudgy than that Izal stuff. I always made sure I had a few tissues in my pocket when we went round, just in case....

gavintc

Guru
Fab Foodie;667930][QUOTE=Crackle said:
Izal - take four sheets, dull side up. Scrunch up, straighten out, scrunch up straighten out, scrunch up straighten out = good to go: Honest.

Hmmm might buy it for the kids, character building.
You sadistic Bastard... I wouldn't wish Izal on my worst enemy.
Why use Izal when the Daily Mail is so much better... and a lot more satisfying in-use?[/QUOTE]

Oh my god, the embarrassment of being spotted by someone I know buying the Mail.

Hover Fly said:
Izal for me when I'm buying (I'm still missing Bronco), much less likely to block the bog up.

Ah yes French bogs: Septic tank?

I had to call out the, I forget the name now, when the bog blocked in a farmhouse I was staying in in France. Considering my French is up to ordering croissants and that's it, it was quite an ordeal. Anyway these blokes turned up in a super clean drain wagon, pressed overalls the lot. Cleared the blockage, swooshed out the drain, not a spot on them, incredible.

Fab Foodie said:
You sadistic Bastard... I wouldn't wish Izal on my worst enemy.
Why use Izal when the Daily Mail is so much better... and a lot more satisfying in-use?

Heh, heh, heh (best evil laugh) :smile::evil:

Anyway you can't do that with online newspapers, it doesn't work.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
You need to add another category - for the type that isn't exactly Andrex standard but isn't as bad as the bargain basement super economy stuff either... ya' know, the Supermarket's own brand (mid-range) stuff.

That get's my vote anyhow :rolleyes:

Cubist

Still wavin'
I have an aunt who still has a roll of Izal in the upstairs bog. I really must ask her why. There is, fortunately, an alternative for those of us without a leather sherrif's badge.:rolleyes:

My favourite ever Viz advert was for Andrex. It showed the usual puppy, with the words "Soft Strong and very long" replaced with the words "It gets the shoot off your arse and your finger won't go through." In terms of advertising I guess that about sums it up.............

vernon said:
You'll either smear everything everywhere or suffer from severe abrasions.

Yes, that was my experience of it, too! :smile:

I like the simple 1-ply re-cycled or cheap stuff.

Those multi-ply bog rolls just leave lots of small 'paper balls' in your crack, and are a bugger to remove once they get stuck to your bum hair! :laugh: :laugh:

Top Bottom