Tom Cruise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cd365

Guru
I watched the new Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation film last night. There was a scene in there with him riding a motorcycle, which I though would be a stuntman or CGI. But knowing that he likes to do his own stunts I googled it this morning. It was him riding the motorcycle, his handling skills were phenomenal!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQUT1kkjxA4

There was also a scene where he is on the wing of a plane which was him as well. He has a huge swinging pair!

Kudos to him.

I don't normally watch Tom Cruise films as I'm not a huge fan and as to his Scientologist views the less said the better.

earlestownflya

not keen on him either,but he is a ballsy little midget;)

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I really like Tom Cruises character and also am a fan of a good number of his films, he's a good actor....never met him though so can't comment on his actual personality

Last edited:

andyfraser

Über Member
I was 15 when I went to see Top Gun and became a lifelong fan of Tom Cruise (and Tony Scott, RIP). He's a much better actor than he's often given credit for (e.g. Magnolia) and can also turn in a great action hero performance. He's made a few bad films but then what actor hasn't (e.g. Sir Michael Caine!) and is still a box office draw.

He should have won the Academy for Born on the 4th of July. Good in Rain Man as well.

I remember reading a director asking the stunt director in a scene to get someone to do the car driving. Stunt director said Tom Cruise is probably a better driver than all the stuntmen he knows..

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
If we are doing tom cruise appreciation, then "Knight and day" is by far the most entertaining, kind of mainstream film I have seen him in, "a few good men" is one of my favourites too, with "vanilla sky" a close second/third

But I always enjoy his action stuff, he is very convincing and has an attraction that is undeniable.

Top Bottom