Tom Cruise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Still not tall enough to be Jack Reacher though

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I like his films, but i do think are too many issues around him to make him a likeable person.
He's religious, marriage and sexuality rumours hanging around him for ages, and whilst it shouldnt make a difference, it does.

Levo-Lon

Guru
My Daughter loves the Jack Reacher series..
TC has special shoes for taller roles ..

i dont care who he pokes or prays too ,good all round nice man

...heh heh, everytime TC is mentioned, his height, or lack of it, is brought up. His claimed height is 5'-7", which is same as me. Short, but hardly dwarf territory :rolleyes:.

Love some of the old movies...... Humphrey Bogart, James Cagney, George Raft, Alan Ladd.......and loads more I'm sure. None of them giants in stature, but on screen they made a big impact. Hard to quantify what makes a watchable and convincing actor, but you immediately know it when you see it..........

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I watched this with my boys on a wet weekend not long ago and we all really enjoyed the film. The stunts and chase scenes were excellent.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
He should have won the Academy for Born on the 4th of July. Good in Rain Man as well.

There's a theory (to which I subscribe) that TC was a better actor in Rain Man than Dustin Hoffman. More subtle, more progressive.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
[QUOTE 3933512, member: 45"]Rainman wasn't great for autism to be honest. It was based on a bloke who wasn't "typically" autistic, and has led to many an assumption that autism is some kind of gift.[/QUOTE]
Yup... but it's not just Rainman, it's all the 'gifted' autistic stories the news gives us. A close friend has an autistic son and is often asked if the lad can draw highly detailed pictures really quickly or has any other autistic super power.

I guess it's 'our' fault for stereotyping. 'we' see a film called Rainman, or read an article about the autistic guy drawing huge accurate cityscapes from memory, or mastering the etch-a-scetch and think... well... 'we' don't think, that's the problem (and another topic).

U

User169

I like The Outsiders, one of Cruise earlier movies which features a heavy duty cast (although at the time they were all very much up-and-coming). He's pretty much outlasted everyone that was in that movie - Matt Dillon, Ralph Macchio, Patrick Swayze, Rob Lowe, Emilio Estevez - at least as a major Hollywood player.

Mattonsea

Über Member
I remember seeing Taps, one of his first films, about an Army academy in revolt, very good as I remember. Check out Live Die Repeat and Oblivion as well.

Top Bottom