Tomorrow there is a game on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
snapper_37 said:
We tried that, were told to f*ck off.

Can't see what the problem is - beancounters are happy as production is there, workers are happy because they can go home early, get tanked up and waste a couple of hours watching one of the worst teams in the world cup :tongue:

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It's pretty sad when companies can't see it in themselves to let their workforce watch/listen to a very important game. Surely allowing a couple of hours to let people watch/listen to it would make a very happy workforce.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Being a small company and my boss being an avid football fan, we are closing at lunchtime to go where ever we want to for the game.

Should have maybe asked to have thursday morning off to nurse the hangovers while he was being generous.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
ianrauk said:
It's pretty sad when companies can't see it in themselves to let their workforce watch/listen to a very important game. Surely allowing a couple of hours to let people watch/listen to it would make a very happy workforce.

Course it would. Thing is, if you already start at 6 a.m., what time would the workers need to start in order to finish 'early'. Anyone in the food industry will know that there is no such thing. :biggrin: I can feel a lot of sickies being thrown tomorrow bahahahahahahaaaa! In fact, I feel quite sick myself. :tongue:

Vidor06

Long term loafer
I could understand all this clamour for time off if the game was the final or even the semi final but it is only a group game. Now I grant you it is quite a big group game but if the overpaid clowns had done the job they are hugely paid to do in the first 2 games then there would have been no need to ask for the afternoon off. So go to work like the rest of the UK!

PBancroft

In my old job we were all advised that football fans could knock off early. I was told to stay to cover the phones because "we all know you don't like football"

Was not happy.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
We will all be downing tools and watching in the boardroom with some snacks!

I have more mixed emotions than normal as I have a Mahoosive pitch on Thursday and I am trying to emphasise to the designers now that unless they get a move on now they will be working tomorrow afternoon. I on the other hand cant do anything until they have finished, so can watch in the boardroom with Pizza!

mark barker

:biggrin:
ianrauk said:
Its only football! Why is it deemed so important?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
On the upside, roads are gonna be nice & quiet at home time, innit?

I'm hoping England stay in FOREVER and all their matches are in the afternoon.

Maizie

Veteran
John the Monkey said:
That's my hope!
I have one colleague coming in at 7am and leaving at 3pm to go straight to the pub.
For the rest of us, the match is going to be shown on screens in the canteen/auditorium. I imagine they decided that rather than have each of us sneakily watching updates on the computer, or having the radio on, they might as well get all the people likely to be distracted over to one place.
And I'll probably leave at 4pm as usual, with any luck people will be wherever they are until the end and the roads will be lovely :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
John the Monkey said:

I'm hoping England stay in FOREVER and all their matches are in the afternoon.

I live in hope, although we might have the odd drunk to avoid. :smile:

Intend listening on the radio

TVC

We're letting guys finish 2 hours early if they make those hours up before the end of the week. People who aren't interested aren't affected, those who are get to see the match and the company doesn't lose any output. Everyone is happy.

Top Bottom