Tomorrow there is a game on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I volunteered for three hours overtime tomorrow completely forgetting about the match!

I'm sure there's a box at work I can cut grass in front of!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Fortunately, we're not getting any time off - since we are all monumentally bored by football.

We finish at 4.30, which I gather will be about fulltime, so I hope they all stay in the pubs for a bit afterwards...

Will1985

Über Member
I'm driving to Luton airport....should be a free run all the way!

Feel sorry for Kaipath. If I were boss, they'd be kept in for the football but allowed extended breaks for the last 20km of Giro and Tour stages on the condition they watch :biggrin:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Arch said:
Fortunately, we're not getting any time off - since we are all monumentally bored by football.

We finish at 4.30, which I gather will be about fulltime, so I hope they all stay in the pubs for a bit afterwards...

They'll be fighting in the streets if it doesn't go the right way. Put your helmet on :biggrin:

In one place I worked the boss was mad on cricket and somehow thought that everyone else was.
I mangaged to spend the afternoon supposedly watching some match (did not even know who was playing but basically sitting around and drinking wine instead of working). Also being the superhero who tears himself away "to see if everything was all right upstairs.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Kaipaith said:
In my old job we were all advised that football fans could knock off early. I was told to stay to cover the phones because "we all know you don't like football"

Was not happy.

You should have asked to have the rest cover the phones the next time it was sunny and you fancied going out for a ride on the bike:biggrin:

John the Monkey said:
On the upside, roads are gonna be nice & quiet at home time, innit?.

Not when I'm going home - its going to be prime time trying to rush home with the kids from school.

Even my children are affected - they are having their lunch time and break shortened so that they can go home early. However anyone that catches the school bus home has to wait till normal time though they can watch the match in the hall - get really interested in it and then have to leave to catch the bus - sounds a great plan for kids to miss the bus home.

Top Bottom