Tonight's commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I live 2.5 miles from work, but sometimes do a 20 mile loop to get home (for the exercise), all on unlit country roads. ;)

Tonight's ride started well, but as I got onto single track back roads it was a case of 'I'm alright Jack' as far as (drivers of) cars were concerned. There were 5 of them (in various places) that kept their full beams on, effectively blinding me. I held my arm up each time to keep some night vision, and wobbled towards them. Only one of the 5 dipped when I got to the bonnet, the rest kept the full beams on and got a pursed lip retort, "Thanks, I couldn't see a ******* thing" :angry:

Worst thing though? :wacko:

The car trying to overtake me as I turned right off a road onto a small lane. I had signalled in good time saw a car behind and closing), just got to the junction, did the 'life saver' over the right shoulder, was about to turn and the bloody car was overtaking me (with obligatory full beams on). It screeched to a halt (didn't dip it's lights - so I didn't get a reg)

"JUST PAY ATTENTION WILL YOU?" :angry:

And off I rode. :biggrin:

The rest of the ride was a blinder, saw about 6 barn owls (in my light beams) gliding over the hedgerows. I followed one for about 200 yards down an avenue of trees, it held position about 10 yards in front of me, about 10 feet off the ground - owls are officially cool. :thumbsup:

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
It would be nice to have a mirror to shine the lights back on the idiots who came at you with full beam on, or a machine gun.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Exposure Maxx-D gets them to dip every time. Once had a driver who wouldn't dip on single track, so I stopped in the middle, shielded my eyes, and put the Maxx on full power. He got the message, but wasn't very gracious about it, LOL.

Top Bottom