Too early for fingerless?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Thin long finger gloves with mitts on top for flexibility? Am still in my long finger gloves but not the proper thick winter ones any more. Reckon Easter will be a good a time as any to move to the suggested liner/mitt combo.

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Cool. Going to get a cheap pair of fingered and fingerless - trial and error it is, but not at £30 a pair!!

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Endure LF windproof gloves for me - around zero for tomorrows 7:30 commute

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Am currently quite impressed with the Planet X 365 race ones. About 8 quid a pair and very well made. Good for most cool conditions and ok for quite cold, with liners underneath.

400bhp

Guru
Am currently quite impressed with the Planet X 365 race ones. About 8 quid a pair and very well made. Good for most cool conditions and ok for quite cold, with liners underneath.
Those are the ones I have. I paid a fiver. Turn them inside out to wash. They don't make my hands sweat too much when the Mercury rises too

Hyslop

Veteran
Became a bit over confident the other day and put the mitts on.Wrong move.Otherwise I was warm enough but my hands?Cold.So, I think long finger for a week or so.

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014

How is the sizing? I'm normally large, but they only have XL at moment.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Still a bit windy at the moment...about a week or three ago, I managed a few days in a row with no jacket and fingerless...then it got cold again...as for type of glove...cheaparse muddyfox from sports direct for about £5 each (one fingered, one non)...work fine...keep the wind off...

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It's still cold in Denmark but I can get a layer or two off if the sun appears. But even at the hint of a breeze it's freezing again.

Not a hint of green on the bushes yet and we are nearly into summer.

Keep wrapped up.

BigAl68

Über Member
Based on yesterday I am glad I am still carrying three pairs. Left Bristol at 3.45pm in sunshine with fingerless on, as I got 5 miles into my journey it went black and windy so pulled on a pair of thin finger gloves which stopped my fingers getting cold. 20 minutes later it starts to hail followed by snow so I stopped and put on my lobster gloves that are for mid winter and I was so happy they were at the bottom of my bag. It didn't improve any other part of my body by which point was frozen solid as the snow turned to freezing rain for the remaining 7 miles of the journey. Spring, I don't think so.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Thick gloves this morning but there was a frost on the ground. But the sun makes it so much nicer it didn't feel just above zero.

Top Bottom