too many £50 notes at 10pm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
sold a bike last night and the buyer collects and pays for it with £50 notes , my first thought was to say go and get some real money , but not many banks or shops open that are going to take five of them of him in exchange for £10 & £20 notes .

i have no option but to take the money and payer at face value , but now having used 2 of them i feel a lot happier as cant get to bank to change them till saturday .

so apart from checking serial numbers and looking for the strip in them what other ways are there for checking £50 notes

Send them to me,if they are fake I will pass them on to the relevant authority without bringing your good name into it.

vickster

Legendary Member
They have much more obviously raised lettering than other notes :smile: Plus water mark of course

Stephen brown

The easiest fail safe method

Rub the note on a plain sheet of white paper, if the colour comes off they are real if it does not its moody

Works with notes of all denominations

Real ink used by the mint never dries, unlike photocopied notes

Drago

Legendary Member
Rub them VERY hard on a sheet of white paper. The ink in Bank of England notes never entirely dries and will leave a slight smear of colour on the paper.

Edit - we posted almost simultaneously there!

Stephen brown

Rub them VERY hard on a sheet of white paper. The ink in Bank of England notes never entirely dries and will leave a slight smear of colour on the paper.

Edit - we posted almost simultaneously there!
lol, at least he knows we aren't joking

grumpyoldgit

Über Member
Forged £50's are unusual,as the originals can only come from banks,not ATM,or given in change.They are disliked by criminals,as possession is an almost certain nick.I use a lot of them in my business,yet to have a dud,had lots of £20's though.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
used last 2 yesterday at local Argos young girls serving didnt blink an eye lid , so if anybody else has any spare £50 notes please forward them to nn8 5??

Top Bottom