too many £50 notes at 10pm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Just imagine having one of these

1219062697fa55cd47fdf18527cd1946.jpg

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
You think that's bad? We still have £100 notes!
Oh, only us have them?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Oh, only us have them?

Bank Of England don't do them now, and I'm not sure what the position is about spending them in England and Wales, but I assume they must be in the same category as ironically, £1 notes. I.e. they aren't legal.

NI, IOM, the Channel Islands, etc might still have them, I can't remember at the moment.

Forged £50's are unusual,as the originals can only come from banks,not ATM,or given in change.They are disliked by criminals,as possession is an almost certain nick.I use a lot of them in my business,yet to have a dud,had lots of £20's though.

Yes the £100s are only given on request and apparently the bank will take a note of it so they can keep track of the note up to a certain degree.

I've never had the need to get one, but I've seen a few before. I'd be scared my wallet was stolen anyway.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Bank Of England don't do them now, and I'm not sure what the position is about spending them in England and Wales, but I assume they must be in the same category as ironically, £1 notes. I.e. they aren't legal.

I don't know about NI, IOM, the Channel Islands, etc. Or more, I can't remember at the moment.
Eh, never mind 100 pound notes: any Scottish note seems to be foreign currency to some (english :laugh:) visitors.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
My policy is: if it says "pound" on the note, it's legal tender. If it says Euro, no no .... ^_^

Unfortunately, as you will know here in West Central Scotland, people have their own political agendas regarding NI notes too.
One stupid bint refused to take one just because it had 'Ulster' written on it. I wanted to hit her :rolleyes:

Guess who lost a customer forever that day?

Top Bottom