Too much Cola is bad for you.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Yikes .... I like it as a once a month drink but that would be it for my cola intake. Must tell my kids - always nice to have shock horror stories to scare them with:biggrin:

(Actually when they were small kids and went somewhere where coke was available I would dilute it... even after I stopped one of my children still used to ask for it to be diluted getting strange looks from other people - she is past that stage now sadly).

jimboalee

I've seen all the 'anti-Coke' stuff.

Phosphoric acid and cleaning blood off paving slabs, cleaning engine blocks and disolving fillet steaks.

I'll still drink it.

Bodhbh

Guru
When I was dieting I drank about 4litres of (diet) coke a night for the best part of a year - something to keep my mind off food and replace the booze). There's patches on several of my front teeth were the enamel has worn thru, I'm pretty sure the coke did this, I'd always been pretty good about cleaning my teeth.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Have you seen how much the pro's drink though?
Passed a feed station on last years tour of britain they had cases of the stuff in the support cars, looked much more than the 'energy drinks' they were using.

Bodhbh

Guru
fossyant said:
Stick to alcohol.....:biggrin: - but not in the bottle holders.
Yes, not sure what got into my head tbh - back on the commotion lotion! One think I found out recently on tour bottle holders at 750ml are perfect for descretely taking a bottle of wine!

yello

Flat coke is supposedly a pretty good source of carb. I guess fizzy coke is too but just more difficult to neck.

Will1985

Über Member
At all the stage finishes I've been at, the pros are given a can of coke by the soigneur after they cross the line. Must be just for the energy hit.

Mind you, the quantities talked about in the article aren't just 330ml - it's bottles of the stuff. Come to think of it, with free refills in the US surely the Americans should be suffering?!?

AWG

Don't know whether Coca Cola use it but Pepsi use "aspertame" in some products. The arguments have been raging for years over health risks associated with this stuff. Probably wise to Google "aspertame" and form own conclusion. I personally avoid it.

gavintc

Guru
Will1985 said:
At all the stage finishes I've been at, the pros are given a can of coke by the soigneur after they cross the line. Must be just for the energy hit.

Mind you, the quantities talked about in the article aren't just 330ml - it's bottles of the stuff. Come to think of it, with free refills in the US surely the Americans should be suffering?!?

Just told my Canadian wife - she drinks rather a lot of the stuff. I think N Americans are weaned on coke and it is just a very normal soft drink to them.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
gavintc said:
Just told my Canadian wife - she drinks rather a lot of the stuff. I think N Americans are weaned on coke and it is just a very normal soft drink to them.
It's when they have it for Breakfast alongside waffles that gets me...

Just how much of a sugar hit do they need??

Top Bottom