Too much Cola is bad for you.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I never drink it except when touring, which I don't do very often. Nothing like a hit of proper Coke after a few hours in the saddle.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
AWG said:
Don't know whether Coca Cola use it but Pepsi use "aspertame" in some products. The arguments have been raging for years over health risks associated with this stuff. Probably wise to Google "aspertame" and form own conclusion. I personally avoid it.

It's usually in diet format of drinks.. I hate the flavour of it... as well as being aware of some of the possible risks so never buy the diet version of anything.

Brahan

Über Member
I love ice cold Coca Cola. I don't care that's bad for me. Sometimes when I've been out on the (serious) lash I have dreams about drink-drink-drinking icy cola from a bucket and no matter how much I drink I'm still thirsty. I want a coke now....

Folks we are talking about a product which used to contain classic "cocaine" - about ten miligrams if memory serves me.

I never drink the stuff now because I was terrified after reading about the coke and the piece of beef story.

I got myself a bucket once and filled it with the black stuff - three litres and then tossed a bit of meat into it.
Cant remember what it was exactly, a chicken drumstick or bit of beef, but within 48 hours it was virtually gone save a few bits of gristle and bone!:biggrin:

Imagine what it does to your stomach lining:sad:

earth

AWG said:
Don't know whether Coca Cola use it but Pepsi use "aspertame" in some products. The arguments have been raging for years over health risks associated with this stuff. Probably wise to Google "aspertame" and form own conclusion. I personally avoid it.

I noticed recently SIS use it in almost all their products.

Tell me, why would you use a low calorie sweetener in a high carb drink?

I'm moving to Torq.

earth

Will1985 said:
At all the stage finishes I've been at, the pros are given a can of coke by the soigneur after they cross the line. Must be just for the energy hit.

Mind you, the quantities talked about in the article aren't just 330ml - it's bottles of the stuff. Come to think of it, with free refills in the US surely the Americans should be suffering?!?

I bet Coke sponsor the event. They sponsor just about every other sports event and it's probably in the contract to give it to the participants so the fans can see them drinking it.

Losidan

I love coke...have a least half a litre a day...I only go for the zero variety now though....

Changing the subject slightly, why is red bull (Cant stick the crap personally) banned in france?

nilling

Über Member
When my daughter was about 5 she left coke in a glass overnight. The next day when she saw how the glass had been corroded she was shocked. Now 11 she will only drink/order tap water.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Coke is my addiction:thumbsup:
Well,the fizzy stuff is anyway:biggrin:
I dont like the "proper" stuff, only diet(much prefer the taste)...diet coke,diet pepsi,pepsi max and coke zero.And lots of it,every day:biggrin:
Always have done and my teeth are fine(last 7 visits to dentist and all was well)and my stomach lining is yet to fall out when i sneeze:biggrin::biggrin:

My boss is always saying "that stuffs bad for you you know" with an air of superiority as she chain smokes her 70 a day, scoffs fried food daily and drinks a litre of Vodka in one evening.:biggrin:

Each to their own i guess, but iv never smoked, dont drink anymore and eat (fairly) healthily so I need at least ONE vice dont I!!!!!!!!!!!!:ohmy:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
stoatsngroats said:
(Question - not criticism....)

Is there a difference between the stomach lining, and the flesh of "a chicken drumstick or bit of beef,"....?

you may experience shock and horror about what coke can do to something left in it overnight. That's not a patch on what stomach acid can do to something. The stomach lining copes fine with this..............

MacBludgeon said:
you may experience shock and horror about what coke can do to something left in it overnight. That's not a patch on what stomach acid can do to something. The stomach lining copes fine with this..............

Yep, that's what I thought.....thanks ;)

Top Bottom