took up cycling.. lost 5 stone in 8 months

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue

Legendary Member
Well done, keep it all going.

Garz

Squat Member
Good progress there kaiser, keep the momentum up till the summer and see how easy you blast up those horrible climbs - a true reward for the hard effort!

BigTam

Über Member
Well done Kaiser, I started back cycling in February, similar story was over 18 stone now under 15 stone and loving the cycling, also have a turbo trainer for the winter, my goal is 12.5 stone.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Well done.

We also have out very own GB155 that does the 39stonecyclist blog

http://theamazing39stonecyclist.wordpress.com

All I can say for Gaz (who I've met a few times, been round and helped with his bikes) is fab, bloody brill. ;) I only needed to lose 2 stone, 5 years ago to get back to race fit, but you two and others have done fantastically.

Thanks Mate, i'll drop your commission off later :smile:

Joking aside Fossy is one top top bloke as are most on here so OP WELL Bloody done and enjoy your time here.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Well done - another one who's done the weight loss thing this year here.

When I went to Hong Kong last month I realised I'd lost the weight of my suitcase! (20kgs!)

Keith Oates

Janner
It's really good to read stories of people losing weight and improving their fitness but we all know that to achieve that takes a lot of determination and hard work. So I will also say to all of you that have lost the weight etc. very well done and the more you do (within reason) the easier it becomes and then the enjoyment of cycling is the main incentive to continue.

Virtus Scientia

Amazing effort. I've lost 2 3/4 stone so far, have another 2 stone to lose. What was your training plan looking like each week to lose that amount of weight? Have I read this right, was it 45 minutes, three times a week?

Tarmac cruncher

Kool..!! :becool: You sound highly motivated now. I was 19 stone and it caused my type 2 diabeties..However like you enough was enough..I started spinning at my local DW Fitness Center and lost a stone a month..I got into cycling just 6 months ago but..In May i was 13 stone like yourself but had a seriouse accident on my Defy2 in a country lane May 29th and broke ALL my ribs and puncherd my lung on the right side. I was in hospital for 2 weeks and the day my lung rightend its self i signed myself out and headed for the gym for a spin. I was still in lots of pain but 100mg tramadol+1000mg pracetamol+50mg diclofenac and 10ml of morphine four times a day kept me doing what im obsesed with. Unfortunatly i still have 2 compleatly snapped ribs on the right side and when i return to the UK In January hopfully Il be having them sugicaly stabalised :thumbsup: To add insult to my already exsisting injurys..In early November I fell off again cutting across a bit of wet grass..Iv never hit the ground so fast in my life..it took me a few moment to realise what actually had happend..however i was decked and Again i ended up with yet more broken ribs. Here some advise..dont fall off.. It HURT'S..!! if your unfortunate to fall off twice..it kinda Hurts twice as much lol ^_^ Anyhow Im 15stone at the moment but this is only a minor set back, as like you Im a bit of a fighter :boxing: Keep it up and all the best in your quest
Regards
Martin.
KEEP OFF THE GRASS.!!!!

Garz

Squat Member
Wow you have been through the wars Martin, good luck for your ops and recovery back to fitness mate!

Pedal pusher

Veteran
Well done to everybody who has lost weight. I am very lucky and have been a slim Jim all my life but I admire people like your self who are prepared to do something about the problem

andrewsk

Similar story here. 14+ stone 18 months ago. Saw some holiday photos of me and was horrified. Was also nearing Obese on the BMI scale!!! Used to be pretty fit! Started using my hybrid (been in garage for years), weight starting coming off. Started to wonder what the next things should be so bought a road bike in March, went to Alps for a week of amazing cycling. Really got the cycling bug. Now go out a few times a week. Have been 11 st for a year now. This was also combined with eating a bit less and keeping an eye on those evening glasses of wine.

Love being out on the road. And I haven't felt his fit since leaving Uni (about 25 years ago).

Top Bottom