Tool kit to carry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyclintom

I had the Giant tool bag for the integrated saddle.
Last week I was out on a ride and never noticed until I got home that it fell off. I am glad I did not notice it was missing as I would have been stressed all the way home.
Now gone. back to the Topeak with strap fitting.
For a ride in which I have new or almost new tires on that are pretty flat resistant I use a minimalist toolbag. I especially recommend the Silca. This takes a little getting used to to use correctly but it can weigh very little while having enough to repair a flat. I use these on bikes I am confident that I don't need a multitool for any reason. Though I suppose you could fit a small one in.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Having just spent 45 minutes trying to fit a Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyre to my spare rear wheel, I got exasperated and started experimenting with tools to help me get the last 6 inches into the rim. My tyre levers that I carry with me on rides were all either too stiff (the metal ones) or too bendy (the plastic ones). I ended up being able to finish the job quickly and easily with the handle end of a teaspoon eased along the gap between the rubber and the rim. I have now added the said teaspoon to my repair kit! Wouldn't want to go through that again without it:pump:.

Top Bottom