Toothpaste

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I’m super fussy about toothpaste taste and am distraught that my hitherto preferred Colgate total whitening has been reformulated and is now foul tasting :angry::angry::angry:

I’ve tried some oral b pro stuff that came with a new leccy toothbrush but that is pretty minging as well :banghead:

Hygienist recommended pronamel once a day and have tried a couple of tubes, but that’s quite grim also

Any recommendations on non vile stuff (obviously this is not subjective, they are either palatable or not :whistle: )

No Lidl or Aldi own brand recommendations will be entertained as I won’t shop in either ;)

Dave7

Legendary Member
Soot.....you need soot. My grannies granny only ever used soot.

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Just checked my current one. It says Colgate Cavity Protection. Nice spearminty taste. To be honest, for all the time it is in my mouth, it would have to be pretty foul not to use any particular one. I am obviously not that fussy. :laugh:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Just checked my current one. It says Colgate Cavity Protection. Nice spearminty taste. To be honest, for all the time it is in my mouth, it would have to be pretty foul not to use any particular one. I am obviously not that fussy. :laugh:
Not keen on spearmint. Aquafresh is and also foul (I felt I should try it while working on a project for the manufacturer and felt guilty using the competitor brand...my guilt disappeared when I actually tasted the client brand)

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Soot.....you need soot. My grannies granny onky ever used soot.
Are you sure it wasn't a Sooty and Sweep toothbrush?

Screenshot_20190809-104230.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190809-104230.png
    Screenshot_20190809-104230.png
    234.6 KB · Views: 4

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
It's all ground pigs anyhoo

Can recommend Elgydium. But should not to be used for more than a week at a time. But it might be a bit minty for you.
Also, Euthymol is another good one. Classy retro packaging. Tastes very very different. Do not be put off by its slogan, it works for all teeth!

Or you will have to go down the old baking soda route. Or ask your hygienist.

edit: @GM posted seconds before me.

Most of the big brands give me mouth ulcers. The one that works for me is Arm &Hammer. I get mine from the Savers pharmacy shop. It seems to be disappearing from supermarket shelves.

Reactions: mjr

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
3629C164-9956-48A2-A63E-CCA026F7D2C5.jpeg
No Aldi or Lidl, that’s rather snooty! :smile:
I’m pretty particular about toothpaste too, my new favourite is the Colgate Max White charcoal one, don’t let the black paste put you off, it’s a bit weird I know but it is rather nice and is good for keeping your teeth a decent shade of white.

Top Bottom