Toothpaste

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Try children's toothpaste - it tends to be less minty. Just make sure the fluoride is full strength so go for the oldest children's age range you can find.
It’s not mintiness. I wonder if they now including baking soda or similar as they just leave a vile taste and almost a furriness
I may need to trial different varieties during visits to friends and family rather than buying endless tubes on the off chance :whistle:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Soot...what’s that? We don’t have open fires down here ;)
You aint been dragged up proper. I have used soot since being a nipper and its been fine
as my one remaining tooth will tell you.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
You aint been dragged up proper. I have used soot since being a nipper and its been fine
as my one remaining tooth will tell you.
Given your age, I’m thinking your grannies various were managing their dental hygiene with soot in the Middle Ages ;)

Old jon

Guru
Kingfisher. In umpteen flavours and levels of fluoride. I buy it the same place I buy my flour, an independent health food place.

midlife

Guru
As @alicat mentions, make sure you get one with the full adult fluoride in it (1500ppm off the top of my head), aside from that get one with a flavour that you like so you can brush properly for the correct length of time. 2 minutes.

I use Oral B pro-active as I like the chemical type taste LOL

alicat

Legendary Member
I may need to trial different varieties during visits to friends and family rather than buying endless tubes on the off chance :whistle:

The travel section of Superdrug etc will have small tubes and most dentists give out free samples. The cost to experiment on travel-size tubes might not be much less; however there will be less physical waste.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Oral B 3D Luxe Pearl Glow

Nice and very subtle mint flavour. A little 'grainy' in texture, but fantastic cleaning results.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Used the Oral B pro expert stuff again last night. Horrible taste and gritty texture xx( (especially after a yummy Thai meal out)

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
The travel section of Superdrug etc will have small tubes and most dentists give out free samples. The cost to experiment on travel-size tubes might not be much less; however there will be less physical waste.
Oh I’m not planning on paying friends and family for sampling opportunities :whistle:

alicat

Legendary Member
^^^ Didn't realise we were playing a game where you ask a question, we try to help and you tell us why that doesn't suit you. I'd rather play a game where you ask a question, we make helpful suggestions and you thank us for our contribution.

FWIW, I'm happy with any toothpaste that doesn't upset my Lichen Planus.

Am I the only person who finds the design of the Sensodyne tubes annoying? It's impossible to get the last bit out of the tube.
I've just discovered Tesco's own brand equivalent. More in the tube, it's a fraction of the price (£1), doesn't squirt out as much as the Sensodyne tube so less wasted, less gritty than Sensodyne and my teeth feel cleaner longer.
I don't eat the stuff so can't really describe the flavour.

Last edited:
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
^^^ Didn't realise we were playing a game where you ask a question, we try to help and you tell us why that doesn't suit you. I'd rather play a game where you ask a question, we make helpful suggestions and you thank us for our contribution.

FWIW, I'm happy with any toothpaste that doesn't upset my Lichen Planus.

It was a light hearted Friday afternoon post (hence cafe not Health forum ...I'm not sure folks on a website are going to identify the perfect toothpaste for someone else (especially someone as fussy as me). :biggrin:

I was quite happy with the previous Colgate Whitening until they 'reformulated', 'improved' yadadada :rolleyes:

I know you can get travel tubes but in a very limited range of varieties

Last edited:
Top Bottom