Toothpaste

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I can never find the same toothpaste twice, they seem to change the names so frequently. Colgate, I mean YOU!
And toothpaste tubes are getting like creme eggs, they used to be huge and lasted for months. These days they come in the same big boxes but with the tube hiding in a corner somewhere, and last for a week. 75ml seems to be about standard now, when it used to be in good old fluid ounces!

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Can recommend Elgydium. But should not to be used for more than a week at a time. But it might be a bit minty for you.
Also, Euthymol is another good one. Classy retro packaging. Tastes very very different. Do not be put off by its slogan, it works for all teeth!

Or you will have to go down the old baking soda route. Or ask your hygienist.

edit: @GM posted seconds before me.

+1 for Euthymol (although I also use Sensodyne(?) original mint, I prefer the former)

That's not a selling point. Needs to be mint but nice mint

There is such a thing?

£20 tops for oral b and last much longer than manual brushes (and better for gums and teeth which is the important bit)

Heads are a bit expensive though.

Am I the only person who finds the design of the Sensodyne tubes annoying?

No

Last edited:

Lullabelle

Banana
I’m super fussy about toothpaste taste and am distraught that my hitherto preferred Colgate total whitening has been reformulated and is now foul tasting :angry::angry::angry:

I’ve tried some oral b pro stuff that came with a new leccy toothbrush but that is pretty minging as well :banghead:

Hygienist recommended pronamel once a day and have tried a couple of tubes, but that’s quite grim also

Any recommendations on non vile stuff (obviously this is not subjective, they are either palatable or not :whistle: )

No Lidl or Aldi own brand recommendations will be entertained as I won’t shop in either ;)

Aquafresh works for me :okay:

No Lidl or Aldi own brand recommendations will be entertained as I won’t shop in either ;)
Your loss vickster.
Personally have always thought toothpaste one of the most overpriced products around. No surprise to me that the first ad on itv was for the stuff.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Your loss vickster.
Personally have always thought toothpaste one of the most overpriced products around. No surprise to me that the first ad on itv was for the stuff.
I’ve no issue paying £2 or £3 for a tube of toothpaste (I buy it when on special :okay:)

colly

Re member eR
If you're desperate, salt will clean your teeth extremely well. It'll kill off most bacteria at the same time.

Mart44

Über Member
I mostly just use water. Maybe a brush with Mrs Mart's Colgate Sensitive Pro Relief once a week. I rely on a mouthwash before bedtime other than that. I get hardly any plaque build-up, so it seems to be an OK way to go.

midlife

Guru
I mostly just use water. Maybe a brush with Mrs Mart's Colgate Sensitive Pro Relief once a week. I rely on a mouthwash before bedtime other than that. I get hardly any plaque build-up, so it seems to be an OK way to go.

Weearing my work hat it's recommended that you should use toothpaste with fluoride and brush twice a day :smile:

Mart44

Über Member
Weearing my work hat it's recommended that you should use toothpaste with fluoride and brush twice a day

I still have all my teeth but one and they are in pretty good condition. However, being of an age, do have a little gum shrinkage. I worry that brushing too much with an abrasive paste (as toothpaste is) might accelerate this. Hence the water and mouthwash. It does seem to be OK because the dentist hasn't found decay in a long time and doesn't need to scrape my teeth to any great degree on the regular visits.

Hicky

Guru
If you want vile but very good once you get used to itxx( cordasil(something like that). They do mouthwash for that double dose of errrgh.

Top Bottom